"Casey!" I grinned at them while they jumped into my arms and knocked my backwards, forcing the breath out of me as I steadied us so no one will be covered in mud.

All thought about the gang fight escaped my mind the second I saw them.

"Hey kiddos, have you been good to your dad and brothers?" I ruffled both of their heads and Cali grinned at me while little Pio grew a slight frown at the gesture and started fixing his hair and finally smiled at me after smoothening his hair.

"Case, glad you could make it. Come in, I heard there was a storm coming," Jerry greeted and I smiled at him, scooping both of the kids into my arms and getting them inside, following their father into the kitchen.

We strolled into the house and found Preston rummaging the fridge for something. He didn't seem to have heard us so I decided to put the kids down to their feet and crept up behind him.

"Boo!" I whispered into his ear and he jolted, bumping his head onto the fridge's roof and caused the contents inside to make clanging sounds of bottles falling and bumping into each other.

The kids laughed loudly but Preston doesn't look as pleased as they do.

"You just had to," He stated, glaring at me while I smiled innocently and pushed him out of the way to right the fallen bottles. Luckily, nothing spilled.

I took my head out of the fridge and turned to face Jerry who had a silent amused smile plastered on his face.

"What?" I asked him, knowing perfectly that his smile was pointed to my childishness.

He shook his head and gestured to the dining table that was already prepared and full with food, "shall we?"

I beamed at him, trying to suppress the growls of my stomach to a minimum.

"Definitely."

The next hour was filled with delicious smells of different foods and lots of catching up.

"Congratulations on finishing high school, Case," Jerry shot me a brief smile through chewing his food across the table and I looked up from helping Pio spooning the small leftovers of his food to give him one of my own.

"Thank you, it's definitely good to finally finish that bit of my education," I laughed lightly.

"Casey, why are you never here when Adam is around? Don't you miss him?" Cali asked quietly from my left side and I felt myself tense.

"Cali..." Preston started but I shook my head at him, mouthing and 'it's okay'.

I couldn't face Cali when I answered her, afraid that she'll see something in my eyes that I don't want her to see.

"I do miss him, love. It's just really complicated right now," I said in a half-whisper tone, trying to keep the emotions at bay.

Cali nodded, apparently detecting the sadness and wistful tone in my voice. I felt guilty for not being able to tell her the complete truth but she was just a kid.

Just then, the door banged open and I jolted in my seat, looking around.

Jerry and Preston had a semi frown on their faces but I could see the uneasiness in their eyes.

From the front door, a voice that I haven't heard for a long time called out.

"Pio? Cali?" I gulped, looking at Preston who was rooted on his seat. My eyes moved to look at Jerry who was too stunned to do anything.

He wasn't supposed to come back until tomorrow. He was supposed to be staying in a friend's house. He wasn't supposed to be home today.

"Dad?" The voice was much closer now and yet, all of us couldn't move except for the kids who were looking towards the voice and our faces in silent confusion.