His eyes reflected my face and I could see how stupid I looked while shouting at him.

I was such a loser.

"I'm-I'm so sorry Connor...I didn't mean to shout at you" I pleaded and started wailing again "I tried"

I couldn't look up at him, at how he reacted to my apology.

All I could do was feel worthless. I felt like I was a betrayer. He still thought I liked Caleb and I had no idea how I'd ever tell him that it was a lie.

All of a sudden, I felt him stroke my back as if to soothe me.

His touch shot chills up my back, I felt a sort of energy surge up my veins that was coaxing me to make a move.

I couldn't.

I felt like, I didn't know him.

"I looked for you everywhere Con" I shifted closer up to him and felt his body get more tensed "You have no idea about the struggles I took and-"

"Enlighten me" he muttered. His jaw was stretched taut as if he was gritting his teeth very hard. His eyes held a stern look and his hand was still on my back.

"I went to your house" I sniffed "There was a lady who shooed me away"

"Shooed you?" he asked and let out a sigh "We shifted about a year ago"

"And then...and then I went to the flower shop, remember?" I smiled at him but stopped when I saw that he didn't return the smile "I...um...looked for Laura thinking maybe she could tell me where you were"

"When did this happen?" he asked.

"Just yesterday" I exclaimed "But the cashier was someone else and I made her give me Laura's address so I could pay her a visit"

I stopped short, not knowing what to say next.

"What happened then?" Con asked.

I gulped and swallowed a whine "Laura..." I sobbed "Met a car accident a month ago"

"What?" Connor's eyes widened and he sat stiffened now. He breathed and looked at the ground shaking his head "I never came to know!"

"I had no idea how..." I sobbed "...I would ever find you, but you came to me yourself"

We sat like that for a while, gaping into emptiness. I was recollecting all the beautiful moments we spent with Laura. How she would pretend to be our waitress while Connor and I were on a pretend date.

These memories were beautiful.

When Connor looked up I saw that his eyes were watery, his nose was flushed red and he was breathing deeply.

He missed Laura.

My inner self urged me to soothe him "Con..." I crawled up to him. Sitting really very close to him "Con, stop crying" I touched his face and wiped his tears off.

And the next move I made blew me and my soul away.

I kissed him on his forehead and hugged him, tight.

At first I regretted my move but then it felt good. Then I felt like I was home. I was with my Connor. My Connor Parker.

Out of the blue, Connor held my wrist and gently pushed me away from him "I" he breathed "I can't do this"

Those words tangled around my heart like a chain and squeezed it till it hurt. My jaw dropped open.

"I'm sorry about Laura" he whispered "And I'm sorry Kimberly"

He stood up and dusted soot off his jeans "It was great to meet you Kimberly. The 'thing' we had four years ago cannot be repeated. That 'thing' is over. I'm sorry Kim but I just don't feel like that about you anymore..."

Saying that he got up and started walking away, leaving me there seated on the grass.

He turned back halfway and muttered "I'll see you around" and continued trotting away.

No Connor, please come back!

I lied to you about Caleb!

I love you!

I choked on these words and I just couldn't say them out loud. He was walking away and away and away until he was way out of my view.

Please don't go...

/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/

Hey guys! I'm so very sorry that this chapter was really short! I focused only on Kimberly and Connor's conversation.

I'm sorry if this chapter was disappointing.

And boring.

And senseless.

But the next chapter will have a really big shock ;) so stay tuned!

Thank you for taking your time to read this, you guys are awesome!

Love, K.

/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/