You'll Never See It Coming

Start from the beginning

"Gina's," Elliot frowns "or was it Dina's?"

"Tina's Bakery," I whisper. "Why would Alisson go to Tina's Bakery?"

"What is it Abrelle?" Noah asks.

"It's called Tina's Bakery," I explain "it's where I first met Sam the guy who helped me escape. I just don't understand why Alisson would want to go there."

"Well," Elliot speaks "I guess what Will told us is useful."

"What else did he say?"

"He said that he drove Alisson there," Noah answers "and that she met up with some guy in a black hoodie. We asked him who it was, but he said he wasn't able to see the man's face. All they did was sit down and talk for like an hour and then they left."

Who could the man have been?

"So why is that useful?" I ask.

"I think the man is Sam," Elliot states and I immediately shake my head.

"It's not Sam," I say defensively "he doesn't like Alisson and she doesn't like him back. Besides he would've told me if he'd met up with Alisson."

"He could have kept it from you," Elliot argues, which causes me to glare at him.

"It wasn't him," I emphasize each word.

"You trust him a lot, don't you?" Noah asks.

Trust him? Of course I do.

Although the last time I'd talked to him on the phone I felt like I couldn't trust him, but when he came to visit me two weeks ago everything was fine. He explained that the girl was a co-worker for the case and he didn't want to tell me because he was afraid she'd think they had something serious which wasn't the case. I believe him of course, why would he lie to me?

"Yes," I reply "he's done nothing, but gain my trust."

"Fine," Elliot throws his hands in the air "if it's not Sam then who is it?"

"I don't know," I breath out "but maybe you guys can go talk to the owner of the place ask to see the security cameras."

"We would need a warrant to do that," Noah shakes his head "and in order to get one we have to have a judge sign it."

"Then go to a judge," I say.

"Okay so we go to a judge," he explains frustrated "and ask for a warrant to Tina's Bakery's security cameras because we want to find out who the mysterious man your sister was meeting up with is. I doubt any judge will sign a warrant for that."

"I'm just trying to help," I say through gritted teeth.

"We know," Elliot frowns "but maybe we just have to let this one go."

"Right," Noah says sarcastically "let's just let the only potential lead we have go. That sounds like a fantastic idea."

"This isn't a lead," I exclaim. "The only thing we know is that my sister was meeting with some guy in a black hoodie, and for all we know he may be her secret boyfriend."

"She knew Luis," Noah argues "and I believe she is somehow involved in all of this, so yes this is a lead."

"No it's not," I state. "Alisson may be all those horrible things, but she is not a murderer."

"I'm not saying she killed him," he rolls his eyes "all I'm saying is she's somehow involved in all of this."

"No she's not," I take a deep breath.

"She slept with Luis," he yells and I flinch at the bitterness in his voice.

"I know that," I whisper.