Chapter 8

Chapter 8 (Sienna's POV)

My prediction came true, Spock really did not need a science officer, but rather a job for me to do. Every time a scan was needed on a passing ship he would do it. The only useful thing I had done in the past twelve hours, was charge his phaser.

At one point, I even overheard Spock muttering to Bones, "I do not want her on the bridge."

"Spock," Bones corrected himself, "Captain, I see where you are coming from, but I believe that she should feel included in this mission."

"There is one thing I have forgotten," Spock paused, "I am the Captain, and I can over rule your wishes."

"These are Doctor orders," Bones protested, "and God dammit Spock , she is your sister."

I did not bother listening to the rest of their conversation. I could tell that Spock did not approve of me being his sister, but I wish there was some way to show him that look up to him like a little sister does.

I sat at my station for another couple more minutes before walking over to where Chekov sat. He was the only one my age on the entire ship, and I hoped to get to know him better.

“Hey Chekov,” I said.

He looked up from his work, “Zienna,” Chekov smiled.

I leaned up against the control panel, "what are you working on?"

Chekov finished one last touch before placing it down to give his attention to me."I was just writing my report."

"Do you mind if I bother you, it is kind of lonely being the science officer," I asked.

"Of courze not,"  he smiled. "How iz wour leg?"

"Surprisingly it is almost healed," I looked down at my leg. It no longer had the sharp pain, but I did still have a little bit of a limp.

"Zat is good to hear," Chekov's grin made me smile.

I was about to ask Chekov more about his job when I felt someone standing behind me. Slowly I turned around to notice Spock standing so close I could almost feel his breath on my neck. Spock stood with his arms across his chest and as still as a statue with his normal emotionless expression.

“Ms. Greaves,” Spock said, “back to your post.”

“But, Spock, I had nothing to do-”

Spock cut in, “Have I not make myself clear? I could find a replacement if you wish not to take this job seriously.”

I could not hold back my slight bit of rage, “I have done nothing but sit in that chair all day.” Spock raised his eyebrows and I knew it was best not to continue. “I am sorry, Spock.” I walked back to my post and sat in the chair, bored.

“One more thing Ms. Greaves,” Spock turned to look at me. “Remember, I am your Captain.”

“Yes, Captain Spock,” I rolled my eyes and turned back to the computer.  

Sorry Short Chapter, but I hope you liked it anyways :)

Please vote, comment, fan, thanks :)