Chapter XXVII -- Reconciliations

Start from the beginning

"Uh, whose room, or should I say cell, is this?" I asked, looking around, I saw stuff all around it.

"It's mine," Beth said with a smile. "I remember when we both were sharing my room back in the farm and I wanted to spend time with you but when I found out about Da... about him and saw how devastated you were I thought it was better to give you space and time alone, but tomorrow you can go and choose your own cell, there are a few empty ones."

"Thank you," I said with a smile on my lips.

"I'll show you around tomorrow but let's sleep, now scoot over!"

"No, you go first, I can't be in between the wall and you," I said with a shrug. "I'm claustrophobic."

"I didn't know that," she said as she lied down on the other side of the small bed.

"We went to the CDC before we met you and the whole thing was underground, I had to get drunk to not think about that, it was awful."

"I would feel claustrophobic in that situation as well."

Then I told her all about what happened at the CDC, what Jenner told us, that we felt safe for a night, I even told her I drunkly kissed Sean, which she squealed about, I told her Jenner locked us there and almost died, told her everything but I left Daryl out of the story, didn't mention we shared a room, didn't mention we barely talked back there, it was mostly arguments, I didn't mention it was the two of us that got drunk two days in a row.

And as if it was a night story for little kids, we both fell asleep right after telling it. Unfortunately that story didn't really have a happy ending. Jacqui died, we went on the road for days and right after that we lost Sophia.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

The next morning I was woken up by Beth rolling on top of me to go to the bathroom, I whined still in an asleep state but the damage was done, I couldn't get back to sleep.

I went to the kitchen where I found about half of the group, including my mother and Axel, I hadn't talked to him yet.

"Sweetheart," my mother said as she stood up and walker over me, embracing me. "How are you? Are you hungry? I could make you something to eat."

I only nodded at her with a smile, I sat on a table and saw as my mother made me some breakfast, like old times.

"Didn't know you had a daughter," Axel said as he looked from me to my mum.

"Actually I had two but I'm very lucky to reunite with Cecilia," she told him. Many months had passed since Sophia died but it still hurts to talk about her.

"I'm sorry," he muttered. "But it's a miracle she found you."

When my mum got me the food, Teresa and Sean joined me in the table, sitting in front of me and my mum. They tried to have a conversation to me, I made an effort but I usually just answered with a word or two.

"You have to tell us what happened to you," Teresa said after I was done with my breakfast and was standing up.

"She's not ready yet," my mum told her as she grabbed my hand and squeezed it. I offered her a smile before letting go of her and walked outside, where I saw Michonne. It made me happy to notice that she wasn't locked up like some kind of criminal anymore.

"Feels good, huh? Fresh air." I heard Beth saying to me, who had just joined me.

"Yeah."

I turned around and saw her carrying Rick's baby, I smiled at the baby, who was drinking her formula.

"She has Lori's eyes, you know?" Beth told me. "I think she does."

I honestly didn't remember Lori's face that well but I leant down anyway and looked at the baby closely, who just looked back at me with her big blueish eyes. Somehow she managed to reach out for my hand and grab one of my fingers, which made my heart warm up.