Chapter XXXIII -- I'm Back

"Every long separation is a test:

A test to see how powerful or how weak the will of reuniting is!"

― Mehmet Murat ildan

Michonne came to a stop next to a big and thick tree where she had hidden her backpack and it was then when I realized she was covered in guts and blood. It was extremely disgusting and she also smelt really bad.

"Are you hurt?" I asked in fear.

"No," she muttered. "I cut a walker in the stomach and everything fell on me."

"What about the shot?"

"It's nothing," she told me, dismissing me. "Why did just you come with me?"

"That was always the plan, wasn't it?" I said with a small smile and a shrug. "I just wanted to have my conscience clear, knowing that at least I tried to find them even when they just left me, but I was going to join you after that. You and Andrea are like my big sisters, I love you both and you saved me that day in the woods, how would I leave you? I'm not capable of that and you know that."

"I had my doubts for a second, especially when I saw you with Merle hunting me," she said with a shrug.

"I wasn't hunting you, I was..."

I was interrupted when Michonne made me go behind her as a group of walkers were coming right to us. She was getting her sword ready when she noticed the walkers didn't even pay attention to us, they just walked past us, completely ignoring us.

Michonne just looked down at her body and the next thing I knew was that she was hugging me or something close to that, when I finally reacted I just pushed her away.

"What the hell Michonne?" I exclaimed, looking at my now bloody clothes, I felt like throwing up.

"We smell of death now, we will go undetected from now on."

Of course, why didn't I think of that before? I had already 'disguised' myself with guts and blood of walker. That day I legitimately thought I was going to die in Atlanta but I made it.

Michonne and I walked through the woods in complete silence, except when she stopped to have a little break because of the shot wound, she kept saying she was okay but we needed to take care of that soon.

I was feeling a bit sad about how things turned out with Merle and that I wasn't going to the farm again but I accept that things happen for a reason and if me going there with Merle wasn't meant to be, then it wasn't. I was supposed to be with Michonne and wasn't going to lament what happened, I was just going to accept it.

"You will never imagine what you missed by leaving yesterday," I said, trying to break the awkward and long silence.

"What? Fireworks? A disco with posters of walkers?"

"A bit close, but no," I told her. "The big thing that was going to happen that night was something horrible. You wouldn't have sat on your ass and allowed those idiots to keep watching."

"What was it?" she curiously asked.

"There was an arena, they had six walkers chained and two people had to fight around them. You have no idea how people cheered and enjoyed that," I said, starting to get sick of my stomach.

"Those people probably think they are not just as dangerous and once Woodbury falls, they won't stand a chance."

"That's not even the point," I said as I dodged a branch. "How could they enjoy something like that? It was barbaric! It was something close to what happened in Rome all those years ago, except they didn't use lions but walkers."