Dinner with the Enemy

Start from the beginning

“If this is truly what you want…I’ll support it.”

“Thanks mom,” Tori said and hugged the completely human woman. “I love you.”

“I love you too but I’m still mad at your dad,” Karen said firmly.

“Mom he didn’t want this anymore than you do. He knows I have feelings for River and admits he knows how much River cares about me,” Tori told her. “Don’t let this come between you and dad. I’m happy. I’m happy to be with Lord Gregory’s son. I’m getting a happy ever after; or at least I will once everyone stops trying to stop us,” She complained.

“Alright Honey as long as you’re sure,” Karen said.

“I am.” Hearing a knock both women looked at the door. “Come in,” Tori called. The door opened and they both watched as Warner walked in wearing a Navy Blue suit and a tie with green and navy on it against a white shirt.

“Wow dad you clean up pretty good,” Tori teased.

“Ha ha,” He said sarcastically; causing both women to giggle. “I just saw Salazar and Gregory’s Limo’s make their approach. You ready for this?”

“Hell no! But I guess we’ll make an appearance anyway.” Tori and Warner starred at Karen in shock. They glanced at each other and back at the woman with the same thought running through their heads ‘Did my mom/wife just curse?’

Karen noticed their shock and annoyed said, “Get over it; it’s a stressful time and I’m entitled a slip every now and then.” The woman walked past them before stopping at the door and looking back. “Coming?”

“As soon as we get over the shock,” Tori quipped. Karen scowled at her and she watched as her husband and daughter both gave her an identical smirk.

The blond woman rolled her eyes at them and crossed her arms openly annoyed. “I suggest we go before our Daughter’s fiancé and Future Father in law go to war here with Salazar.”

“Yeah, we should go,” Tori agreed. She had to admit her mother had a valid concern.

**

Viscount Cain stood in his bar room waiting patiently for his guests. Everyone was on edge and he was no exception. Hearing footsteps he knew it was time.

“Salazar,” The Viscount greeted warmly and shook his friends hand. “Marie,” He added greeting a tall woman in a red strapless dress that dipped between her breasts.

“Viscount Cain,” She replied dipping her head in respect at him. “Always a pleasure to see you.”

“And you,” Cain replied and kissed her cheek. Next he turned his attention to a tall man with jet black short hair and hazel eyes. “Armand.”

“Viscount,” Armand said and shook Cain’s hand. “It’s very kind of you to take the time to host a dinner that might introduce me to my future bride.”

Cain smiled but didn’t reply; instead he turned to face a very composed Lord Gregory and Lady Kendra. River on the other hand was clearly not pleased by Armand’s comment.

“Lord Gregory, Lady Kendra,” Cain said greeting them but not with the same warmth as Salazar’s family. “River.”

“Viscount,” They replied.

“Tori and her family will be joining us in a few moments,” Cain began. “Before she does I want to make a few things clear. Tori will not be leaving here tonight with either of you,” The dark haired man warned. “She is under my protection and will stay that way until a ruling is made.”