Chapter 12 - Meeting a girl named Michi.

I ran back to the house as fast as I could. There was blood covering my shirt and face. I had tears running down my cheeks. The front door was locked. I had no other choice but to bash it down.

"Mark?! Jack?!" I yelled. "Are you here?!" The basement door was locked. I barely used any force. I was so sore. My arms hurt, my legs hurt, and my head hurts. There was ringing going through my head. I started to cry. I sat on the floor and put my head between my knees.

"I'm so sorry..." said a voice. I looked up with the glow in my eyes. A girl with long pink hair was staring at me. I wiped away my tears. "Who are you?" I asked. "I'm Michi. And you are...?" I hesitated. "Olivia. Fischbach."

"It was nice meeting you, Olivia. But we have to hurry." She grabbed my hand and took me outside. "We don't have much time before he gets here." I stopped. "Who?" Then it clicked. "Oh... but where's Mark and Jack?"

"I took them somewhere safer. Where he can't find them." said Michi. I liked the sound of that. I followed her to where we were going. I looked back and saw a large black cloud surrounding Mark's house. "My god..." She looked at me. "It was my fault in bringing him here. I shouldn't have done it." I stared at her. "Did he chase you, too?" She nodded. "Since I left my pack and home, he's been chasing me for almost a year."

I stopped in my tracks. "He's been chasing me since I was a young child." Her jaw dropped as we walked through the trees. "S-Seriously...?" I nodded slowly. "He's the main reason why my original family died..." She started to have tears form in her eyes. "I'm so sorry about that..."

We got to a cave, where Mark was laying with Jack. He wasn't in wolf form anymore. Jack was shivering cold as Mark held him. I knelt close to them, and Michi walked next to me.
"I have to go out there to make sure he doesn't show up." She says. I looked at her, horrified. "He'll kill you, though!" She sighed. "I know, but I have to do this."

I got up. "I can help you! The moment my family burned, he got into my head. He's my nightmare fuel." I held out my hand. "Let me help you..." She looked back, disgusted. "No, he can kill you, too." She morphed into wolf form and ran outside. I sat back down where I was.

Jack slowly crawled to me. "Olivia... keep me warm." I grew my fur and held him in my arms. He fell asleep shortly after. Mark slowly crawled to me and put his hand on my shoulder. "Look, Olivia, I'm sorr-" I threw his hand off of me. "Don't talk to me." Mark took his hand back. "Please... accept my apology." I looked at him angrily. "Why didn't you take care of this before?!" I got up into his face. "Why did you not control Dark's actions?!!"

Mark's POV
She was angry at me. She thinks I'm the one to blame. It wasn't my fault that he got out of my body himself. He was able to gain enough power to be on his own.

"Olivia, it's not all my fault!" I yell to her. "It's all your fault! You let him out, and he can't be stopped!!" I held her shoulders, with anger blazing through my eyes.
"It wasn't my fault that Dark became loose. He gained enough power to survive alone. It's NOT my fault."

She looks at me with fear. I sit back down with tears starting to form. "Look... it wasn't my fault. There was no need to become angry like that." I got onto my knees. "I still love you, but my kindness is not my weakness."

I curled up into a ball on the edge of the cave. My kindness was my weakness. I wished I wasn't that hostile to her.