Chapter 10 - The Confession

Olivia's POV
I woke up at 4:30 AM, a whole thirty minutes before the sun rose. I looked to my side and saw Mark, still in wolf form, sleeping by my side. He was tired and hungry.

Just before the sun rose, I woke him up, so he could view what it was like before deformation. He opened his eyelids slowly, looking at me. His pupils were large, and eventually his eye color turned from yellow to brown. I looked behind him to see a bright light shining above him.

The sun was rising. He was slowly reverting back to normal. I heard every bone crack, reminding how painful it was for my first night. He moaned in pain as the fur, tail, and snout disappeared. Once the sun finally rose, he was back to his normal self.

"Mark?" I said, shaking him slightly. He groaned, opening up his eyes, looking at me.
"...where am I...?" he asked. I sighed and pressed my lips together.
"Last night was a full moon night... I overslept and didn't wake you up in time."
Mark closed his eyes and looks at me again. "How are we going to tell Jack?"
Tears formed in my eyes again. "We have to tell him. There's no way we can lie through this."

Mark nodded in agreement. "But how? Tonight's not a full moon."
I shook my head. "Yes, but if the moon is past the half moon phase, you can transform at will." Mark liked the sound of that. "Alright."
I put up my hand. "But, if you don't want to control it, pain has to go through you." Mark's excitement disappeared. "Ok... lets go."

Mark, with stretched shorts and no shirt, had a hard time walking, so I gave him some support. I let him lay on my shoulder in case he feels like falling. Once we got to the house, it was already 5:30 AM. Jack was just about to wake up.

Once I opened the front door, Mark ran into his bedroom and quickly grabbed his shirt that he took off before transformation. I got to the kitchen and poured two bowls of cereal for Mark and I. He came back and he stopped in place with his eyes widened.

"Where's Chica?!" He asked me. "I completely forgot about her!" I put my hand on his shoulder. "Chica fell into the pool and was shivering cold. I took her back inside to my bedroom with a towel wrapped around her. She'll be fine."
Mark sighed and relaxed. I handed him a bowl of Golden Puffs. "Here's a quick breakfast."

Mark's POV
I'm worried about tonight. Will Jack still be my friend? What will he see me as? A monster or a friend? I sat in my seat, slowly eating my cereal. I had tears forming in my eyes and they dropped into my bowl. I started to quietly whimper.

"Are you alright?" Olivia asked, kneeling next to me. I shook my head. "I'm worried about Jack. And my fans. I don't know what to do."
Olivia hugged me. "Don't worry. I'll send out a video saying that you're having some personal issues that you'd rather not discuss about." She smiled and walked to my bedroom to wake up Jack.

I finished eating and sat on the couch in the living room. I rubbed my eyes and looked out the window. The sun was up high in the sky and I gave a quiet howl.

*Time skip - 4:30 PM*

Olivia's POV
I walked out of the recording room with sweat dotting my forehead. I just finished the video I promised to send out, and I was worried about what Mark's 15 million fans would think. Would they accept or decline?

Jack and Mark were sitting in the living room, watching the news. I walked to the seat next to Mark and layed my head on his shoulder.

I looked up to Dad and gave him my puppy eyes along with the yellow glow, which was a sign for "We should remind him". He nodded and gave me his yellow eyes, telling me "I'll ask him now".

"Hey, Jack?" Mark said. Jack looked to him. "Yeh?" Mark hesitated for a bit. "I was wondering if you could take a walk with Olivia and I tonight, just to talk?" Jack looked at him with a puzzled look. "Sure, Mark."

Mark and I looked at each other with worry in our eyes. We hope that this will go well...

*Time skip - 9:00 PM*

Mark's POV
I shook Jack while he slept. "Hey, Jack. Wake up."
He groaned and opened his eyelids. "Mark, what do you want?"
I sighed. "Come with me. I want to show you something."
"But it's past 9 PM!"
"Deal with it!"
He slowly got up from bed and put on his shoes. He followed me to the backyard. I jumped above the wall, and so did he.

"Where are we going?" He asked. I keep walking till we got to the open area. "I'm sorry you have to see this."
I looked up to the moon and awaited the transformation to go through my body.

Olivia's POV
I hid behind the same tree as I did with the white wolf. I watch as Jack views the horrifying transformation that Mark goes through.

Mark is on both his hands and knees, groaning in pain. I hear every bone crack and all the features appear at once. His pink shirt rips in half and his glasses fall off his snout, cracking when landing. He looks up to Jack with fear in his bright eyes.

Jack screams as loud as he can. He runs to my direction, looking back at Mark.
"STAY AWAY FROM ME, YOU MONSTER!!" He screams at the top of his lungs. He runs into me, and I accidentally show the glow in my eyes. He falls back and curls up into a ball. I hug him, trying to calm him down.
"Jack, you're fine." I said quietly. "He isn't going to hurt you." Jack looks up to Mark. Mark looks away, giving a sad whimper. I walk up to him and pet his head and rub his snout.

Jack slowly walks to Mark. "M-Mark...?" His ears perk up and he looks at Jack. "Jack... it's me. I'm not going to hurt you." Jack hugs his chest. Mark puts his paw on his back, and I join in on the group hug.

"How did all of this happen?" Jack asks as I stood up. I press my lips together and look at Jack nervously.

"It's a long story, but I'll try to explain..."