Chapter 5 - Finding a Solution

Mark's POV
I felt something under me as I woke up. I open my eyes and look to see Olivia sleeping. I'm so confused... how did this happen?

Then it clicked... what happened last night... the pain I felt, the fangs, everything. The one thing that could've caused this was... that bite mark. I look at my left shoulder to view the mark, but it's not there. It already healed.

I also noticed that I had no shirt or socks on. I had my shorts, which were stretched out a bit. I get off of Olivia and look in the bathroom when I blacked out. The mirror was shattered, there were claw marks on the walls and floor, and my shirt was torn into pieces and scattered all over the floor.

I stand there astonished, until I hear Olivia yawn in the living room...

Olivia's POV
I yawned loudly while on the couch in a sideways position. I slowly open my eyes and notice that Mark is nowhere near me.

"Mark?" I call out as I raise up off the couch. "Are you awake?"
"Y-yes..." he says from the bathroom.
I try to make my way to where he is without stepping on Wade or Bob.

I find Mark at the bathroom door, looking at the destruction. "D-did I do... all of this?" he stammered. I slowly nodded, "Sadly... yes. That bite mark, where ever you got it from, has infected you with lycanthropy, also known as werewolfism."

He stood there, on the edge of crying. I hugged him, but he pushed me away.
"Don't come near me!" he yelled. "I'm a dangerous man!"

"No, you're not, Mark!" I said. I took a breather, then looked to him. "Look, I've been infected with lycanthropy all my life. When I first transformed on the first night of a full moon at the age of 8 years, my parents afterwards taught me how to control it on the inside. They showed me when and when not to let it out, even on a full moon night."

I put my hand on his shoulder, "If you can let me help yo-"
He throws my hand off of his shoulder, causing his hands to grow claws and hair.

"Mark, listen!" I said, holding his temples and staring at him. "You need to stay calm! Any sudden jolts of fear or anger causes THAT to happen!"

He finally cools down, and his hands revert to normal. I led him to the living room, to sit on the couch and breathe. I offered him to make him breakfast while he relaxes. I decided to make some bacon along with some pancakes and some orange juice.

*Time skip - 15 minutes*

"Mark?" I ask, "I made some pancakes and bacon for you."
Mark looks up and smells the bacon and walks over to me. I hug him, showing that I did care for him and that he will be alright. He hugged me back.

Once we hugged each other, I gave Mark his plate of food and cup full of orange juice as I head over to the living room and wake up Bob and Wade.

Mark's POV
I sat in my seat, taking pieces of pancake into my mouth with my fork.

What should I do, what should I do?

I looked back at Olivia, smiling at the boys. She was always outgoing and cared for other people. She knew who to trust and who to be a companion to. I liked that a lot.
I sit back, relaxing my head on the chair. I realized that full moon nights would last for at least three days, so these next two nights are going to be rough for me.