Chapter 1 - The Bite-Mark

Olivia's POV
Today, I woke up Mark with the smell of bacon and eggs for breakfast. I got up very early so I could make my special scrambled eggs for him.
"Do I smell some BACON?" he says in the hallway. I start to giggle, "It's almost ready, Dad!" I call out.

Mark walks to the kitchen with his hair all messed up.
"I'm guessing you had a crazy dream last night?" I asked him.
He nodded, "I can't even remember what I was dreaming about."

I smiled and scooped half the scrambled eggs and two pieces of bacon onto a plate. I handed it to Mark and eventually got a plate of my own with the other half of eggs and pieces of bacon.
The minute I sat down, I noticed that Mark was devouring his food like an animal. I stared at him with a blank expression.
"He never eats his food like that," I thought. I then noticed a bite mark on his left shoulder.

*Time skip - 3.5 hours*

It's about noon, Mark is recording a video, and I haven't asked him about the bite mark.

I'm nervous to ask about it. Although, I don't want anything bad happening to Dad.

I peaked through the door and saw Mark editing the video he just made. I awkwardly walk up to him slowly. "Hey... Dad?"
"Yes?" he asks with his eyes still glued to the screen.
I point to the bite mark on his shoulder, "When did you get that?"
He turns to look at the mark, "Honestly, I have no idea. When did you notice this?"
"This morning," I responded. "but I was too nervous to ask about it."
I decided to go grab some bandages so I can let it heal for a bit.

I come back to the recording room with bandages and wrap it around his shoulder, "That should let it heal for a bit." I said to him.