Chapter 38

I slammed the door of my old bedroom shut, before noticing that my suitcases from earlier were still packed. I wandered towards them, a little confused that they had not been unpacked.

"I knew you'd want to stay." A weak voice spoke from behind me, making me jump a little.

"Virgil!" I gasped. "What're you doing here? You should be resting."

"I couldn't stay sitting in there feeling sorry for myself." He replied, moving towards me and the bed. I scooted out of the way to let him sit down, but he moved his arms around my waist and almost trapped me next to him.

"Verg!" I quietly shrieked.

"Shush." He put his finger to my lip as he laid down, moving so I was laying almost on top of him. He put his arm around my shoulder and squeezed me up against him, grimancing a little in pain as he did so.

"Are you okay?" I asked him.

"Yeah, I'm fine." I winced. "I just need to get used to this pain for a while that's all."

I attempted to sit up and move away from him, but he forced me back on top of him. "I don't want you to be in even more pain." I quietly spoke.

"The only way I'd be in any more pain is if you left me." He responded. I looked at him, his face, his eyes. His pleading eyes.

"I'm not going to win this am I?" I joked.

"Nope." He replied, giving me 'the look'. The look that he gave me before he kissed me for the first time in the pool. I laid back down on the bed and snuggled up to him. He attempted to run his fingers through my hair, but moaned in pain as he lifted his arm up towards my hair.

"Are you sure you're okay?" I asked once more.

"I'm fine. I'm just glad you're okay." He spoke, pausing before adding; "I'm so glad you're staying with me. Just promise you'll never leave."

"Why would I?"

After what felt like only seconds of just sitting with Virgil, we heard a knock on the door. Behind it stood Parker, who simply smiled at us.

"It's time to go." He spoke.

I stood up, picking up the suitcase that was closest to me and ran towards Parker. He hugged me, like he always did.

"I'm sorry."

"Why are you sorry?" I asked him, pulling away from his hug.

"I'm sorry for all the secrets."

"Parker, it isn't your fault. You didn't do anything wrong." I smiled at him. I felt Virgil's presence behind me, dragging my other suitcase behind him. "Thank you for being there when I had noone else. When noone knew the real me."

"You're welcome Miss. Now, go on, go live your life."

"See you later Parker." I smiled, covering my hand over Virgil's. We wandered out of the Pink Palace and hugged my Auntie and Katie before following Virgil back into Thunderbird Two, where Scott was waiting patiently.

"Are you ready?" Scott smiled.

"FAB" I responded as I sat in the Co-pilot's seat once more, as Virgil was still too weak to fly. I followed Scott's instructions and we soon took off, leaving London and the Pink Palace forever.

***

It's been 5 years since I left my Auntie for Tracy Island. She does come and visit reguarly, along with Katie and Parker. I've accepted what my Auntie did and admittedly I'm secretly glad she did what she did... I would never have met my second family if it wasn't for her. Days seem to be much more interesting and exciting than they have ever been. Tracy Island is still paradise and it's amazing to wake up every morning and see the bright blue of the ocean.

We haven't heard from The Hood in years, but things still aren't simple here on Tracy Island. International Rescue is still as busy as ever. But now, there's another member of the crew, Co-Pilot Creighton-Ward.

But the news you really wanted to know... Virgil and I are still as happy as ever, much to Scott and Kayo's dismay. Infact I overheard Alan talking to Gordon about a potential proposal. But please don't tell Virgil I know.