Chapter 25

"You know." I spoke, after eating some chocolate cake. "Whoever made this us an amazing chef!"

"I know I am if I don't say so myself." Scott joked.

"Typical Scott, always modest." Kayo spoke.

"Oi!" He winked at Kayo, ignoring the fact that myself and Virgil was looking directly at him. I looked back towards Virgil, who looked at me and wiped the chocolate away from my mouth, causing us to both begin laughing.

"What're you two laughing at?" Katie spoke.

"Inside joke." Virgil responded.

Alan and Katie raised their eyebrows at Virgil's last statement.

"Whatever, all I can say is this surprise party went better than Virgil's!" Gordon responded.

"A-anything could've gone b-better than Virgil's party." Brains spoke as he wandered towards us, closely followed by MAX.

"Why what happened?" I asked curiously.

"Well," Virgil began, "I was out alone on a mission, thinking that everyone had forgotten it was my birthday, you know besides the subtle comments I was making."

"Ha, subtle isn't the right word there" Alan butted in. "Today's going to be a great day. Something good's going to happen today."

"Alright." Virgil took a breath, "Anyway, this mission took a little longer than expected, and by the time I'd gotten home, everyone had gone to bed and there was only one small sliver of cake left."

"Oh, okay." I responded, uncertain of what else to say.

"Hey! We did get you some great presents though!" Scott replied.

"Speaking of presents." Virgil spoke, motioning towards the pile of gifts in the corner of the room.

"You really didn't have to, I honestly didn't expect anything." I spoke.

"Just get on with it."

I began to open the presents that the family- my family- had bought me, thanking them with each gift I opened. I mainly received books, although I was also given a beautiful silver necklace, some really sweet smelling perfume and a couple of cds made some of my favourite artists.

"Thank you everyone." I spoke.

"You don't need to say thank you all the time," Scott spoke. "That's at least the 20th time you've said that."

"Yeah, but I really did not expect anything." I replied.

"You didn't think we'd forget your birthday did you?" Virgil asked me as I sat down next to him. He placed his arm around my shoulder.

"I dunno. My birthdays usually go uncelebrated. Usually overtaken by the Gala."

"Well, did we do good?"

"You did great." I replied as Virgil leant into me and lightly kissed my cheek.

"Eugh." Scott spoke.

"Oh shut up and kiss Kayo." Virgil joked after noticing we were the only ones in the room.

"Just you wait Virgil Tracy!" Scott spoke.

"Yeah, just you wait Tracy!" Kayo exclaimed.

"Come on Dase, let's leave these two." Virgil spoke, taking my hand and leading me outside towards the pool. The sun was just setting which caused the sky to turn into a beautiful pink colour. We sat down on one of the sun loungers that were stood around the pool.

"Dase, I wanted to get you alone, because there's something I want to give you and if I gave it you with the others, they'd go mad at me." Virgil spoke.

"Sorry?" I spoke, confused.

He passed me a gift bag which was stood on the sun lounger next to me. I looked at Virgil and smiled at him before I opened the gift bag. The first thing which I was confronted with, was a red and black plaid flannel top.

"It's like yours." I obviously stated.

"Yeah." He responded. "I thought it'd be cute."

"I love it." I spoke as I put it on over my t-shirt. "What do you think?"

"Beautiful." He smiled. "But the next one is the best one."

I looked into the bag and noticed a small white box. I looked over at Virgil, curiously. Whatever was in that box was really expensive.

"I hope you haven't spent too much on me." I spoke.

"Listen, it wasn't my idea." He replied.

"What?"

"It was a joint effort between myself, Scott and your Auntie."

"You got Auntie Penny involved in this?" I asked. "She doesn't know does she?"

"No, she thinks it's for Kayo." Virgil smiled. "Anyway, open it then!"

I did as he said and lifted the lid off of the box. I was surprised to see a silver chain, with different charms on it.

"Virgil!" I spoke. "It's beautiful."

"Almost as beautiful as you." He spoke. "Wear it tomorrow for the Gala, please."

"No doubt about it." I responded as I looked at the bracelet and the multiple charms on it.

"Look," He spoke "There's a D for Daisy, a V for Virgil, a skateboard, books, but this one's my favourite." He spoke, pointing towards a small green charm.

"Wait, that's Thunderbird Two isn't it?" I spoke.

"Yeah." He smiled. "I thought I'd make it really personal."

"I just don't know what to say." I spoke.

"Don't say anything." He replied as we both leant into each other and we kissed, longer than we had previously.

"Thank you." I spoke as we pulled away. I saw a look in Virgil's eyes which I'd only seen once before. "Don't you dare."

"Don't I dare what?" Virgil joked as he slid one of his hands under my legs and placed the other on my back.

"No." I jokingly screamed as Virgil then stood up, with me in his arms.

"I don't know what you mean Dase."

"Oh shut up you spoon."

"You know I wasn't going to do anything, but for that." Virgil spoke before he jumped into the pool with me in his arms.

"You little." I spoke once I'd gotten by breath back.

"You love me." Virgil joked.

"I do love you."

"I love you too." Virgil replied, pushing hair out of my eyes, whilst treading water also.

"You know, you're the first person I've ever truly loved."

Virgil kissed me again at this point.

"You know." I spoke. "Maybe I am a damsel in distress."

"Well, I'm here to be your knight in shining armour." Virgil joked. "Happy Birthday Dase."