Chapter 4

I felt safe, back in the living room with the Tracy brothers all sitting around myself. We were talking and joking about anything and everything. We seemed to get on really well. Everything was bright, both metaphorically and environmentally. But that's when it all changed. We was plunged once more into a sea of darkness. I turned back around to see that I was no longer surrounded by the brother's and the safety of the Tracy home, but I was in London once more and I was being followed by a large mechanical machine. My parents were either side of me, grabbing hold of my hands and running as fast as they could. My father carried a much younger Katie on his back. We continued to run, but the faster we ran, the closer the machine followed us. We ran down alley ways and narrow streets but it still followed us, we continued to run, although we were almost out of breath. My heart was racing a mile a minute until we reached a dead end, we were cut off by a fence. My father took Katie off of his back and passed her to me.

"Daisy, whatever happens to us, take care of your sister please." My father spoke as he did so.

"What do you mean?" I spoke.

"Just promise me." He pleaded.

"I promise." I replied

"Go." He spoke as he picked me up and essentially threw me over the fence. I stood there staring at my parents in disbelief. "Do as I say! Go!" That was the first time he ever shouted at me. I did so and began to run with Katie holding my hand. That's when I heard the gun shot. I turned around and noticed the colour from my father's face drain. Red blood coating his and my mother's dead bodies. Myself and Katie began to scream and the deafening shriek made me sit bolt upright in my bed, which was covered in sweat.

I'd nearly always had that dream when I was situated in a new place, but it still scared me. I began trembling in fear of the memory, tears were still streaming down my face. I took a deep breath and decided that I needed fresh air, so I wandered downstairs as quietly as I could in order to not wake Katie or anyone else. I crept downstairs and made my way to the kitchen, deciding that the best thing for me was a glass of cold water. So I began to rummage around to find a glass and then filled it with water from out of the tap. Once I'd done so, I sat down at the dining table. I didn't realise that a light next to the sofa was on. I stared through the darkness to see Scott and Virgil both sitting on the sofa staring back at me. They were both casually dressed, wearing jeans and flannel shirts, compared to myself who was wearing a pair of blue leggings and an overly baggy shirt, both of which were now soaking in sweat.

"Daisy? Is that you?" Scott asked, staring at me through the darkness.

"Yeah its me." I spoke as I began to walk towards the two brothers.

"Couldn't sleep?" Virgil asked me.

"No, I... Bad dream." I simply responded.

"Gosh, you're shaking." Scott spoke, patting on the sofa indicating that I should sit down between the brothers.

I did as Scott implied and sat down between them.

"Do you wanna talk about it?" Virgil asked me.

"I'd rather not. To be honest it was more of a memory than a dream, but that's all I'm saying." I replied. "What time is it?" I asked noticing that it was still dark outside and trying to change the subject.

"Erm, 5:30 AM." Scott responded. "John should be checking in with us in about half an hour and the others will be up in about two hours."

"I'll go get dressed." I spoke. "I'm up now and there's no way I'll be able to get back to sleep."

I made my way back upstairs and quickly and quietly showered before changing into a pair of jeans and a short sleeved T-shirt and tying my hair up into a high ponytail. Before departing back downstairs, I picked up my book and ensured Katie was still asleep as I picked my skateboard out from underneath my bed, mentally taking a note that I'd skate later on in the day, if the weather stayed nice. Once I'd made my way back downstairs, I noticed either Virgil or Scott had made myself breakfast and a cup of tea. I smiled at this small gesture and swapped the breakfast for my book and skateboard, before carrying the gesture towards the sofa, where Scott and Virgil were sat once more. I placed my cup of tea on the small coffee table to the left of where I was sat.