Chapter 17

Once we'd reached Tracy Island once more, I collected my purchases and followed my Auntie and Katie back up to the Tracy house.

"You seemed to have bought a lot." My Auntie spoke when she saw the bags in my hands.

"Yeah." I replied. "Thanks for a great day."

"It's no problem." She smiled, before knocking on the entrance to the Tracy home. There was no response so she tried once more. "Must be on a mission." She added before simply typing in a number on the keypad next to the door.

"Why didn't you do that beforehand?" Katie asked.

"It's not my house." She simply replied.

The doors opened and we all followed my Auntie back into the Tracy House. I dumped my bags on the sofa in the living area before sitting down next to them. Katie sat down next to me and my Auntie sat opposite both of us.

"What did you buy today then Daisy?" My Auntie asked.

"Oh just some things, nothing exciting." I responded. "Books mainly."

"Well, at least you're doing something in your spare time." She rolled her eyes, clearly unimpressed that I'd spent my money on something other than clothes.

"I'm just nipping upstairs." I spoke whilst picking my purchases up and wandering over towards the staircase. I made my way to mine and Katie's bedroom and placed my bags onto my bed. I decided I wanted to hang Parker's gift on the wall above my bed, but in the meantime, I placed it on an empty space on the bookshelf. After doing so, I pulled out the bear that I'd bought and sat him pride position on my bed. I then rummaged through the books that I'd bought and separated them into books for myself and books for Virgil. I placed my books on the bookshelf and carried the rest into Virgil's room.

I'd never been into Virgil's room before, but I knew it was his. It smelled exactly like his musk and was painted a green colour, unsurprisingly the same colour as Thunderbird Two. I noticed a notebook and pen on his desk so I pulled a sheet out and scribbled a little note for him.

"Saw these and thought of you. -Daisy x" I placed the books on his bed, next to the note. I left his room and made my way back downstairs. I noticed that when I approached the downstairs area, that Scott was sat talking to my Auntie and Katie, Parker was still standing up behind the sofa. I made my way towards him.

"Thank you so much for that record Parker." I spoke.

"It's no problem miss. I saw you looking at it so I thought you'd appriciate it." He smiled.

I smiled at him once more before walking towards the sofa and sitting down next to Scott. He looked over to me and smiled before he continued to talk to my Auntie.

"So where were you today?" She asked.

"Vancouver." Scott spoke. "Somebody tried to go snowboarding without the proper equipment."

"Why would anyone do that?" My Auntie asked.

"I don't know. Let's just say, he wasn't very healthy afterwards. Virgil and Alan are still with him and taking him to the hospital."

"I hope he's okay." I spoke.

"So do we." Scott replied.

I turned to look out of the window and over to the ocean which the Tracy home overlooked. As I did so, I noticed a bright green coloured ship grow closer to us.

"It looks like Virgil's back." I spoke, which caused everybody to look towards Thunderbird Two.

"So he is." Katie smirked at me. If I was sat next to her, I'd have slapped her. But I wasn't, so it was out of the question.

"That must mean Alan's back also." Scott spoke. "They both went in Thunderbird Two." He added when he saw the confused look that I gave him.

"Oh okay." I smiled.

"Anyway, on a complete change of topic, how long are you planning on staying Lady P? I just want to know so I can set the right amount of places at the table." Scott asked.

"I don't know. Parker? What's my schedule?" She asked.

"You're all free at the moment. But tomorrow you've got a really busy day." He recited off by heart.

"I'll stay if that's okay." She spoke.

"I wouldn't if I were you Lady P!" Alan spoke appearing with Virgil from the direction of Thunderbird Two. "It's grandma's night of cooking. Let's just say, she isn't exactly the greatest chef on the planet."

I rolled my eyes at this response and so did Virgil. Looking around, I noticed there was someone missing.

"Where's Gordon?" I asked.

"Oh he's with Brains and Kayo at the moment. Something about making additions to Thunderbird Shadow." Scott spoke.

"Thunderbird Shadow?" I asked intrigued.

"Yeah. I thought we'd told you about that. She follows us sometimes on missions, after months of begging we finally let her have her own Thunderbird." Scott spoke.

"I still don't think it was a great idea at times." Virgil added, before sitting down next to me. I began to snuggle up next to him, but soon realised that we were in the presence of my Auntie and Parker, so I made it look like I was stretching before moving away from him a little bit. I saw Parker raise his eyebrows at me, so I lightly and subtly shook my head in response.

"I still don't think it was right letting her have a Thunderbird." My Auntie spoke.

"She's been so helpful to us over the past few year, it only felt right." Scott responded.

"Surely she can be a bit of a nuisance though?" My Auntie replied. "I mean she doesn't listen to you does she at times?"

"Stop." I spoke. "Just shut up about Kayo." I was a little annoyed at the uprisen conversation. "What does it matter to you?"

"Daisy, you don't understand." My Auntie spoke.

"I know exactly what you meant." I snapped, standing up as I did so. "You meant that just because she's female, she shouldn't be interested in things like that. But does it matter if she is?"

"Daisy I..."

I stormed out of the house before my Auntie could finish what she was saying. I took a deep breath before running towards the Regeneration Rock and sat there, whilst I tried to calm down. But it was no use.

"I hear that this was the second time you ran off today." Virgil spoke.

"They told you?" I spoke.

"You knew how dangerous it could be!" He raised his voice a little.

"I know." I argued back.

"Well why did you do it then?"

"I was annoyed." I felt tears form once more. "Jase and Jamie weren't listening to me, they didn't believe me. I needed to get away from them!"

"It was a stupid idea though Dase! I know you're going to have to go but I don't want to lose you so quickly!" He exhaled before he pulled me into a tight hug.

"I'm sorry Virgil." I spoke. "It's just sometimes my Auntie can annoy me so much."

"Listen." He spoke, moving me a little so I wasn't as tight to him as I was previously. "She didn't mean that. Kayo has some relatives that can cause people harm."

"What?" I asked, shocked.

"Before I tell you, just remember that Kayo is here to help us, she's not like them one bit." He spoke, before taking in a breath. "Kayo's Uncle is The Hood."

I looked into Virgil's eyes and it was clear he was telling the truth. I felt a shiver run down my spine.

"Kayo's Uncle is The Hood?" I asked, which recieved a small nod from Virgil in response. "I need to appologise to my Auntie." I added, before taking Virgil's hand a running up the steps towards the Tracy Home.