Chapter 24

About 10 minutes later, we arrived at the local hospital, which was on the mainland rather than the island. Grace was still clinging on to me as Virgil and Alan attempted to help everybody else off of Thunderbird Two. Momentarily, a group of paramedics ran over to help, meaning that the ship was emptying quicker than I thought it would.

"Come on then you two." Virgil spoke as he wandered into Thunderbird Two. I stood up and carried Grace with me, following Virgil out into the open and then into the hospital.

As we continued to walk through the hallways of the Hospital, I felt Grace snuggle up to me even more. She was clearly scared as to what was going to happen to her. I began to stroke her hair to put her at ease as we continued to wander through the clinical scented building to discover where she needed to be.

"Is this Grace?" A woman spoke from in front of us. She was clearly a nurse considering she was wearing a pale-coloured clinical uniform.

"Yes this is Grace." Virgil spoke as he motioned towards Grace.

"Do you want to follow me." She rhetorically asked, meaning that we had to follow her, which we did. Grace continued to snuggle into myself with every step we took.

"Grace." I spoke as we arrived at the empty room in which Grace would obviously be staying in. "I need you to be really good and brave for me." I took a breath. "This lady is going to help you feel much better. You can trust her."

She moved her head a little so she could see the nurse. Once she saw her, Grace nodded a little so I sat her down on the bed.

"Thank you." Grace spoke as she looked up at me.

"We need to go Dase." Virgil spoke as he held his hand out for me to take. I took his hand and quickly glanced back at Grace sitting on the bed, before I was almost dragged out of the Hospital and back into Thunderbird Two.

"I hope she'll be okay." I spoke as I ran with Virgil.

"She'll be fine." He smiled. "But we need to get you back home."

Once we made our way back inside of Thunderbird Two, Alan was already waiting for us and sitting in the co-pilot's seat. Virgil made his way to the pilot's seat and I sat down in the seat behind them.  For some reason, I started feeling a little upset about leaving Grace alone, although I only knew her for a few hours, if that. My eyes started to water a little.

"Are you okay back there?" Alan asked me, obviously hearing me cry a little.

"I'm fine." I choaked, smiling a little weakly.

"You did a really good job back there." Virgil spoke. "Apparently Kayo was really impressed as to your actions earlier."

"I only did what I needed to." I spoke as Thunderbird Two smoothly set off. "I knew I needed to gain her trust for her to listen to me."

I saw Virgil grin a little in the reflection in the glass window of Thunderbird Two. "Using your initiative. That's the first thing you needed to do and that's exactly what you did." He spoke.

"I guess I did." I smiled a little, it was clear Virgil saw me as he breifly looked over to Alan and then straight back into whatever was happening in front of him.

It was a clear day, meaning that whenever I looked out of the window every small island we passed was visible. We passed a few aeroplanes, which meant we caught the attention of a few people who waved towards Virgil and Alan, who both waved back. It made me realise how nice the brothers were, not just Virgil and Alan, but Scott, Gordon and John also. If it wasn't for them, who knows what calamities could have happened throughout the world, and how many permanent injuries -or even deaths- could have occured.

"Where abouts are you Virgil?" Scott spoke, his hologram appearing in the middle of the control panel again.

"Not far away from Tracy Island now." Virgil spoke.

"Yeah, and I hope you've got some food sorted out, I'm getting really hungry now." Alan added, which was returned with a light punch from Virgil.

"I thought Gordon was the one who was supposed to be always eating." I joked.

"Trust me, I'm starving." Gordon's voice spoke. "Seriously, hurry up."

I began giggling in response to Gordon's exclamation. 

"Tracy Island is just on the horizon," Virgil spoke, "we'll be there soon Gordon."

"FAB"

Virgil's words were correct as within just over a minute, Thunderbird Two was pulling into the Island, which caused the hidden doors to open. We pulled inside of the hidden room, where Thunderbird Two was originally stood before we set off. Alan stood up and wandered out of Thunderbird Two, I was about to follow suit, but Virgil stopped me.

"Dase." He spoke. "I just want to say how amazing you were back then."

"You too." I replied.

"Yeah, but I've been saving people for who knows how long, that was your first time. I'd be proud of myself if I were you." He tightly hugged me before lightly kissing me on my cheek. We pulled apart and he held his hand out for me to take, which I did. Wandering hand in hand, we left Thunderbird Two and made our way upstairs.

"SUPRISE!" Everybody shouted as we entered the living area of the Tracy home, which was now plastered in banners which read 'Happy Birthday', a pile of presents all piled up in one corner, and party food on the kitchen table.

"What's going on?" I asked, exstatic.

"We wanted you to have a great birthday." Virgil replied.

"Did you plan this?" I asked Virgil.

"Actually, it was a joint effort." He smiled.

"To be honest, we couldn't think of a way to get you off of the Island whilst we set up, so that disaster was almost a blessing." Scott joked.

"I still can't believe you did all of this for me." I responded, looking around the home. I was clearly smiling a lot, as suddenly my cheeks began to hurt, but I couldn't stop myself from smiling.

"We did." Scott responded, smiling at me and Virgil. "Come on then. Let's eat!"