Chapter 16

"Daisy!" My friend Jamie spoke as I was ushered out of FAB1.

"Hi." I smiled at them, although all I felt was betrayal.

"Your Auntie says you've moved." Jase added.

"Yeah." I bluntly replied, I still felt heart broken as I saw them.

"Daisy, we really need to talk." Jamie spoke.

"Let's go get something to eat. I'll pay." My Auntie spoke, encouraging us to follow them into the coffee shop.
Myself, Jase and Jamie obtained a small table on the opposite side of the establishment to my Auntie, Parker and Katie, after ordering some food.

"Daisy, listen. We was drunk. Really drunk." Jamie spoke. "I was completely hungover when I got into contact with you. If I wasn't, I wouldn't have told you."

"So if you wasn't hungover, you'd have kept this a secret from me?" I argued, upset at the fact.

"Well, I..." Jamie replied, stuttering.

"You were weren't you?" I spoke. I exhaled largely, to symbolise my annoyance when nobody responded. "You know what. I don't care."

"So you don't mind then?" Jase spoke.

"I'm not bothered." I replied.

"If I'd have known you still liked me, I wouldn't have done that." Jase added. "I liked you as well you know. I was just scared you would turn me down."

"It doesn't matter anymore." I shook my head.

"Why?" Jamie asked me.

"It just doesn't." I replied.

"So are you going to tell us where abouts you are then?" She spoke.

"I can't." I tried to explain. "I just can't."

"Why don't you trust us?" Jase annoyedly asked.

"I trust you, it's just that I can't tell anyone." I replied.

"Why?" I was questioned.

"I was told not to." I felt tears form in my eyes.

"Stop lying."

"I've had enough of this." I spoke as I stood up and walked out of the coffee shop.

I began to aimlessly wander around the area near the coffee shop. Mumbling to myself about the conversation between myself, Jase and Jamie. I then realised I was by myself, with a debit card which my Auntie gave me for emergencies.

"Maybe I could use some retail therapy." I thought out loud.

I made my way to my local bank, which wasn't far away from where I already was, and discovered that I had quite a decent amount of money saved. Next door, was a large bookshop so I began to look around the whole of the shop, picking up a couple of books every now and then before purchasing some which sparked my attention and I knew would peak Virgil's interest. After doing so, I left the shop and walked a couple of blocks down to a large toy shop.

I'd never been inside previously so I was interested in what it was like as everyone said how amazing it was. It was so much larger inside than I had anticipated, there was approximately six floors, each one stocking a different type of toy. I'd made my way around to the soft toy section and although I had no intention in buying anything, one thing stood out to me. There, sat in the middle of the shelves, was a large brown teddy bear, wearing a blue bow around his neck. His fur was soft and when I looked at it, it reminded me of the bear that my dad bought me as a present when Katie was born. I'd not seen that bear in such a long time that it made me wonder if it was because he was left in the old house. Admittedly, it was an impulse buy, but I felt that little bit happier knowing that I had maintained another piece of my history and family.

I continued to wander down the road, looking in all the shop windows, that I was interested in. Old charity shops, music shops and book shops. As I was looking in the window of a charity shop, at the old records and record players I spotted one which my mum used to sing to myself and Katie. I felt somebody approach me.

"It's a nice shop. Isn't it?" He spoke to me. I turned my head towards him and noticed it was Parker stood next to me.

"How did you know I'd be here?" I asked.

"There's a tracking chip in your watch, I can check exactly where you are with FAB1." He spoke.

"That's what my mum used to sing to me when I had a bad nightmare." I spoke pointing towards the record.

"It's a beautiful song, with a beautiful meaning." Parker spoke. "I didn't realise vinyl was still selling. I bet you don't even know what a cassette tape is do you?"

I looked at Parker and smiled at him. He'd been such a good friend to me over the years I'd lived with my Auntie.

"Come on then, your Auntie is waiting for you." He spoke, leading me towards FAB1. He opened the back door up for me before making his way towards the driver's seat.

We drove for about 10 minutes until we approached an overpriced boutique, which looked as though it was filled with snotty looking women all observing clothes. Typical of my Auntie. Parker opened the car door for me to exit and I followed him into the boutique, leaving my previous purchases underneath the backseat of FAB1.

"She's safe M'lady." Parker spoke as we approached my Auntie, looking worried, Katie and a rack filled with dresses for me to try on.

"Where have you been?" My Auntie snapped.

"I..." I began to speak. "Sorry, I just needed some time to myself."

"Who knows what could have happened to you!"

"I know, I'm really sorry." I spoke, but was cut off by my Auntie hugged me tightly before pulling away.

"I'm just glad you're safe." She exhaled. "Myself and Katie have picked out a few dresses for you to try on."

I began to rummage through the dresses before realising which ones my Auntie picked and which ones Katie chose. Clearly, Katie knew me a little more than my Auntie did as there was only a few which appeased my taste.

"Well, there's a few that I like." I spoke before I picked up those dresses, and one which Virgil would like to see me in, off of the rack and took them into the dressing room.

I tried the dresses on continuously in the dressing room and showed my Auntie what I looked like in each one. All of the dresses I chose were dark colours, with the exception of Virgil's dress, which I left until last. There was clearly two which my Auntie loved, my personal favourite, a black knee length dress, which was covered in ostrich feathers and Virgil's dress, a ballet style nude coloured dress.

"Daisy, you look beautiful." My Auntie spoke as I left the changing room wearing the nude dress. "Doesn't she Parker?" She asked before looking around to see that Parker had abandoned us.

"You do look lovely though sis." Katie spoke, putting her input in.

"I feel beautiful as well in this." I added. "Can I have this one please?"

"Of course you can." My Auntie spoke.

I smiled before walking back into the dressing room. I got changed, once more into my original outfit and brought all the dresses out of the room before placing them back onto the rail. I noticed Parker had re-entered the establishment as I sat beside my Auntie and waited for Katie to try her choices on. Every single dress she tried on, she looked gorgeous in.

Half an hour passed and we'd finally picked our dresses to wear for the Gala meaning that it was the end of our spending spree. We followed Parker back to FAB1 and he opened up the doors for us to get into once more. As I was about to get into the vehicle, Parker stopped me.

"It's an early birthday present, from me." Parker spoke, handing me a brown paper bag. I opened it and realised that he'd bought me the record which was on display.

"Thank you Parker." I smiled, feeling tears form in the corners of my eyes.

"No problem miss." I saw him smile before I sat inside of FAB1. He closed the door behind me before making his way towards the driver's seat.

"Back to paradise please Parker." My Auntie spoke.

"Yes M'lady." He replied before starting the vehicle and beginning to drive.