Chapter 44: The Uchiha Siblings [Naruto]

Jazmine

I watched Rin's back as she left until I could no longer see her outline. I sighed lightly looking down at Akamaru as he let out a soft whine. On the walk to find fireworks I had realized my love for dogs.

"I'm alright buddy" I whispered gently as I scratched his head. All this had been her idea and she couldn't even enjoy it. I knew she loved Kakashi Sensei heck I could see their connection when she first came to the village. I always knew Rin, better than most except for maybe Shikamaru but Kakashi and Rin were in love and that was that and people should stop interfering.

"Hey, where'd Rin go?" I looked up at Ino and sighed as I let down Akamaru and reached for a sparkler, the boys were having a blast exploding the larger fireworks.

"To the hospital before visiting hours closed." I informed her. Though even if visiting hours were over Rin would just sneak in.

"She planned this and she's leaving?"

"Hey leave her alone, she's hurting right now " I shot back noticing Ino's annoyed tone.

"I get that but spending that much time in the hospital isn't healthy." I sighed lightly.

"You would do the same if you were alone." I told her dropping the burnt-out sparkler.

"Well being alone isn't healthy either." I sighed then picking up another.

"She only lives with Sasuke, and even though she and Kakashi sensei are dating she wouldn't be so reckless as to stay in his home." Ino nodded slightly.

"We'll she still shouldn't be alone, I'm sure Sasuke and Kakashi sensei would want her well taken care of." I was about to object but then the realization came that she was right. We would all be going home to someone, our parents or siblings. Rin would be going back to an empty apartment.

"Hey guys!" I shouted breaking their attention from the fireworks.

"Do a few of you want to crash at Rin's place? You know so she's not alone. I know it late notice but I'm going to head home and ask my mom if it's alright." They seemed to ponder my question for a while until Kiba grinned.

"Yeah sure I'll run home and ask my mom too."

"Same here"

"Man this'll be drag." I heard from Shikamaru but took that as a yes.

"Alright we'll meet at her place then and set up, I'm sure she'll be at the hospital for a while longer but we still should hurry" They nodded in agreement as we began to clean up the fireworks. I smiled slightly; at least she wouldn't be left alone now.

Rin

I had just finished visiting with Sasuke and found I couldn't stay long without having guilt begin to tear at my heart. Now I sat at Kakashi's beside; the moon being the only light to cast a hazy shadow in the white hospital room. I laced my fingers with his and sighed. It was weird I'll admit not being the one laying in the bed and having Kakashi worry over me; though at least I had usually been conscious enough to tell him that everything was going to be alright. I didn't even know what was going in his head right now if he was peaceful or restless. It took me till now to realize I was interested in a man I barely even knew. Maybe that was part of it; I enjoyed the mystery or something.

"I guess I'll see you tomorrow," I whispered softly as I rose from my seat. I leaned over him and pushed aside his bangs before placing a soft kiss on his forehead. I smiled slightly when I looked down at him.

"I'm glad I have you" I whispered. I turned about to leave when a hand suddenly clenched my own. I glanced back slightly stunned but Kakashi still lay unconscious. As I looked down at my hand it was his that held my own in a tight grip. I relaxed again as a soft smile came to my face.