Chapter 6: The Uchiha Siblings [Naruto]

Rin

I walked beside Kakashi barely listening to the conversation that was going on. I glanced at a puddle as we stepped past it and felt Kakashi nudge me.

“You noticed it to?” He whispered. I nodded. It wasn’t long after that, that we sensed them. Kakashi turned shoving me aside as two ninja rushed towards us. I fell to the ground, there chains barely missing me and wrapping around Kakashi.

“Kakashi Sensei!” I heard Naruto shout but at this point my mind was in full gear. I jumped back to my feet pulling a kunai.

“Sakura protect Tazuna!” I would have taken them on myself if not for Sasuke already running forward. The ninja moved towards Naruto as Sasuke jumped into the air. He threw a shuriken catching there chains then a kunai pinning them to the tree behind them. He landed on their arms and kicked back forcing them forward and the chains snapped.

“Rin watch it!” I smirked slightly as one of the ninja ran for me and spun the kunai in my hand ready to deliver a blow that would kill any ninja. That’s when I realized it. This wasn’t the Akatsuki. I couldn’t fight them like I could usually. I was pretty much useless.

“Rin!” I snapped from my thoughts and ran forward last minute sliding to my knees. The ninja’s clawed hand barely missing my head. I turned ready to strike but Kakashi had already stopped them. I shook my head slightly and sighed, the replacement jutsu.

“Naruto sorry I didn’t help you right away; I didn’t expect you to freeze up like that. Good job Sasuke very smooth, you to Sakura.” I sighed again getting back to my feet and dusting myself off as he carried off the two ninja. I glanced at Naruto who was glaring at Sasuke as he turned a smirk on his face.

“You’re not hurt are you? Scaredy cat”

“Naruto, these ninja have poison in there claws. The more you move the more it spreads, we need get it out of your blood.”

“I’ll handle that.” Kakashi glanced at me and I shrugged.

“Medical training when I was five from Suki.” He nodded then and turned to speak with Tazuna as I ran over to Naruto. I pulled off my bag and kneeled down pulling him with me.

“Just sit still, this is going to sting a bit.” I pulled my kunai and pulled it across his wound opening it more. I could see the black bits off poison that seeped out with his blood. I held his wrist blocking the main arteries so that much blood wouldn’t spill.

“Okay that should do it.” I moved my fingers from his wrist and focused my chakra to my hand the soft green glow appearing. I stared at the wound slightly wide eyed as it slowly closed itself.

“What the…”

“Um Rin the look you’re giving me is kind scary, am I going to be okay?”

“Y-Yeah you’ll be fine, I just, sorry Naruto” I gave him smile as I put my hand over his that’s when I felt it, like a connection a sudden surge between our hands and I knew he felt it to. I pulled away from him and he shared the same confused expression.“What was…?”

“Rin!” I shook it off as I turned to face Kakashi.

“How is Naruto?”

“Um he’s healed and ready to go, if we’re still going.” I knew what type of ninja we had faced. I had fought enough of them on assassination missions in the mist village. They were only sent after important people. Since there target wasn’t me, or the others it left Tazuna and I’m sure Kakashi had figured that out.

“Then let’s move out.” I nodded then getting to my feet. I looked down at my hand as I walked from Naruto. A familiar dark mark stained my skin and slowly began sinking back in.

“Rin” I clenched my fist and glanced to my side as Kakashi walked up to me.

“What is it?” He sighed.

“That’s not what I expected from you back there” I shrugged.

“What did you expect?”

“I expected you to fight, with the power that you clearly hold.” I raised my eyebrow at him and he sighed.

“The way you walk, how you hold yourself that look in your eyes when you’re faced with an opponent it all says experience.” I shook my head as he took my wrist as we fell behind the others.

“No it says arrogance”

“I’ve known for a long time Rin, I know you’re not arrogant.”

“Then you should also know I’m not stupid. I know the Hokage is suspicious of me, how easily I dealt with Ibiki was too unnatural for someone without training. I’m not about to go against the leaf but I’m not putting myself or those involved in my past in danger because I need to step it up.” I would have walked away if he hadn’t tightened his grip on my wrist.

“Letting people assume you don’t have any power is just as bad as lying about it.” I pulled from his grip as I kept walking. I could have stopped them, I know I could have. I would have stopped Naruto from getting hurt. I could have even stopped them before they attacked. I sighed and shook my head, no; they didn’t need to see that side of me. I was genin now, nothing but a genin.