Chapter 43: The Uchiha Siblings [Naruto]

Shikamaru

I glanced up at Sakura who was flipping through another medical book. We’ve both been at this for days and Rin had joined our search the day after she returned with Gai Sensei. I had been worried when I heard from Asuma sensei that Rin had been kidnapped. I thought she would have been missing longer but by the morning after she had returned. At this moment Rin sat on the desk a book resting on her lap as she lazily gazed through it. Half the time she was in the hospital with Kakashi or Sasuke the other half was spent with us.

“Where’s Jazmine?” I glanced up from my book and looked to Sakura who released a soft sigh.

“Master Jiriya landed her an apprenticeship in the ANBU’s medical core so she’s training.” I noticed Rin raise an eyebrow.

“With the ANBU, why?” I sighed and looked back to my book.

“It’s obvious isn’t it?” It fell silent then as I flipped another page. Jazmine had begun training two days after she learned of Rin’s illness. She had seen Master Jiriya the same day and he had landed her the apprenticeship the day after and she started right after that. She was worried about Rin and I knew she was determined to find a cure. She was going to endure all the training she had to, to find one.

“Guys this is really boring.” I sighed closing the book I was holding and pulling one off the shelf as Rin tossed hers on the ground. Sakura looked up from the book she was had on the floor in front of her.

“But could be useful in finding a cure.” She frowned slightly.

“You know what would be useful right now?” We looked at her and she smiled.

“Mochi or Dango” I sighed.

“Suki said you needed to eat healthy.”

“You know I thought with Kakashi and Sasuke out of commission I would get a break from being the pitiful sick girl.” I sighed shaking my head as I opened the book.

“Just keep reading.”

“Shikamaru…” I looked at Sakura.

“We could use a break, we’ve been at this all morning plus both Rin and I want to visit Kakashi Sensei and Sasuke later on.” I frowned slightly as Rin jumped off the desk and a grin came to her face.

“What?”

“I’m getting the gang so we can hang out like the old times, we all need a break so Shikamaru go get your team and meet me at Ichiraku. Sakura and I will go find Kurenai sensei’s team.”

“W-hat about Lee and them?” I shrugged.

“Sure why not, then you can go get them Sakura and we’ll all meet up at Ichiraku and from there head out for Barbeque sound good?” I sighed again as I got to my feet.

“Fine” I finally agreed and they both grinned.

“Alright let’s move then!” Rin shouted before taking off and Sakura following. I smiled slightly and shook my head. Suki had been right, if she hadn’t told us of Rin’s illness you could never tell she had one.

===========================================================

Rin

Everyone had been excited to just hang out for once. Though Neji took a little more convincing than the others we had managed to drag him along too. We had just finished eating barbeque and now we were all lying around one of the training fields eating Mochi ice cream and staring at the stars. We had brought lanterns for extra light and right now Kiba and Akamaru were off with Shino and Jazmine getting fireworks to, as Kiba put it, end the night with a bang.