Chapter 3: The Uchiha Siblings [Naruto]

Sasuke

I glanced tiredly at my clock. It was nearly five but it wasn't my alarm that had woke me up. It was the soft whimpers and groans that seemed to coming from down the hall. I slipped from my bed, and silently through my door following the sound. I found myself at Rin's bedroom door and silently I slid it open. She was in bed, the blankets slightly hanging of her bed and I noticed her hands clenched tightly around the sheets beneath her. She arched slightly and as I stepped closer I could see the beads of sweat that were dripping down her face.

"Rin wake up" I muttered as I sat at her bedside. Her body seemed to tense when I touched her shoulder and I could feel the intense heat coming off her skin.

"Rin, Rin, wake up!" I shook her a little more forceful and a moment later she shot up. I caught her wrists before she landed a hit and I could see the panicked look in her eyes.

"S-Sasuke..." She yanked her hands back then and they flew to her neck. I noticed her teeth clench as she sucked in a sharp breath. It took a moment until her hands dropped and her small frame fell into my arms. I could feel her heavy breathing against my neck as she rested her head on my shoulder. I held her tightly and could feel her body trembling as I pushed aside her hair. The mark on her neck seemed to glow with a dark aura. I sighed lightly and let her hair fall back into place.

"You're okay Rin" I mumbled softly; though in truth I didn't know if she was. This would happen every so often when she was a kid. I remember waking up in the middle of the night and walking to her room. Father would always be the one holding her, trying to calm her and assuring her that things would be alright. Mother would be getting a cool cloth to put on her forehead and trying to give her medicine that her fever would only burn away. Usually, by morning she would be fine.

"I'll be right back, just relax" I instructed her. I laid her down gently and slipped quickly to the kitchen. I took a cloth from the drawer and soaked it in cool water then wrung it out before returning to Rin's room. I sat at the edge of her bed and pushed aside her bangs placing the cloth on her forehead.

"Wh-What time is it?" She breathed.

"Nearly five" I stopped her when she tried to get up and heard her sigh.

"The survival exam, y-you'll be late" I sighed then as I moved more onto her bed and leaned my back against her headboard.

"You're more important" I mumbled as I gently pushed aside her hair.

"Just try to get some rest and we'll leave in about an hour" I heard her sigh but it wasn't long before her eyes fell closed once more. I sighed lightly as I watched her. I was all she and she was all I had, she was more important than anything.

=============================================================================================

Kakashi

I was surprised not to see Rin and Sasuke already there. It was well into the decent hours of the morning. Naruto and Sakura seemed to have been there for hours seeing as they were nearly asleep on the ground.

"Where are the other two?

"Were here" I turned just as Sasuke walked towards. I noticed his arm around her waist supporting her as she walked. They stopped a few feet away from us and Rin pulled from him. He sighed and leaned forward whispering something to her and she whispered something back before turning to face us. She had Itachi's attitude but definitely shared Sasuke's appearance.

"Sorry complications rose this morning, I'm sure you'll understand" Rin explained as she rubbed her neck. I sighed then and nodded. The mark on her neck still gave her trouble.

"Right, we'll we were just starting. You're mission is quite simple" I lifted the three bells as I set down the clock.

"You have till twelve to get these bells away from me, if you can't get them by noon then you go with-out lunch and you'll be tied to those post and watch as I eat my lunch." I glanced at Rin worried about this part. She was already weak as it was, as much as she was trying to hide it.

"Wait a second why are there only three bells!? There are four of us!" I glanced to Sakura and smiled slightly.

"We'll that's just so at least one of you will be tied to a post and ultimately disqualified. Then again all of you could fail to. You can use any weapons, including shuriken. If you are not prepared to kill me you won't win."

"This should be easy you couldn't even dodge that eraser!"

"Class clowns are easily dismissed. Lowest scores, losers..." I taunted him. It didn't take much to rile him up. I waited a moment as he attacked before I moved behind him, twisting his arm around and holding down his head. I glanced up looking at each of them. Rin was the only one who seemed unimpressed. This is why the Hokage wanted her watched. How easily she passed Sasuke's marks at the academy, even how she held herself and that look in her eyes; it had the Hokage worried.

"Don't be in such a hurry, I didn't say start yet." I noticed Rin pulling on her gloves and tightening her headband. She reached behind her as if grabbing a katana but immediately stopped as if the realization had just hit her that she didn't have one.  So she was used to the weight of a sword on her back.

"Get Ready" The others seemed at the ready but Rin stood poised only slightly moving her foot across the dirt.

"And start!" The others jumped to separate locations within the area but Rin seemed to just vanish. I stared at where Rin had been standing, not even a footprint left behind or the line she had drawn with her foot in the dirt. I laughed slightly under my breath, this just got interesting.

=============================================================================================

Rin

I knew I had been well hidden. Kakashi couldn't see me and I could keep tabs on everyone else. Last I saw Naruto he was hanging from a tree. Sasuke was going head to head with Kakashi and I had to admit he had been doing very well. Currently I was standing over an unconscious Sakura. I sighed as I made the hand sign and tapped her forehead. She shot up a moment later.

"Genjutsu, it was pretty basic but you need focus to get past it."

"H-How did you..." I met her gaze and smirked slightly.

"Y-You have the complete Sharingan but not even Sasuke..."

"Ah just because he hasn't used it doesn't mean he doesn't have it but enough of Sasuke, here" I handed her a few plants and she looked at me confused.

"Eat this, you need your strength. It's a ninja herb and it doesn't taste too bad." She took it from me and began eating what I had.  I got to my feet then.

"Well, I'd say it's about my turn to take on Kakashi Sensei. Go find Sasuke I'm sure he'll need some help."

"Thanks Rin" I smiled and helped her to her feet.

"No problem, we girls have to stick together but just leave the bells to me. Oh and if you're still a little hungry you can find these everywhere just make sure the leaves are smooth cause the jagged ones will make you sick. And get some for the others we'll need everyone energized." She nodded and I waved as I took off into the forest. This was it, my turn. I slid to a stop in a clearing waiting, knowing he would find me.

"You look energized and ready to go." I smirked slightly as I kept my back to him.

"Ninja herbs, there all over this place. You never said anything about not eating from the resources around us."

"You seem to be an awful lot like your brothers"

"I'm nothing like Sasuke." I told him finally turning to face him, I noticed his eye widen slightly as he met my Sharingan eyes.

"Though I've been compared to Itachi many times before"

"In that case, I better put this away." I watched as he slipped his book into his shuriken pouch on his waist.

"Ready?" I taunted and heard him chuckle as he raised his hands.

"Do your worst Princess"