Chapter 1: The Uchiha Siblings [Naruto]

***

Authors note:

 Rin is 13/14 - 16 through this scroll (Please read the FAQ in Sneak Peeks and Bonuses for the explanation)

***

Rin

 It's been a few days, but a lot can happen in a few days. I had woken up in the hospital under the care of Suki though it had already been all over the village that the Uchiha Princess had returned to Konoha. Sasuke was the first person that came to see me. I don't think I could have been happier at the time but even I could sense the change in him. After I was released I was questioned by different ninja and the Hokage but with each, I kept cool and stuck to the lie Itachi had come up with. Since they seemed satisfied with my story and with the recommendation of Suki and Kakashi I was able to take my genin exam. Today teams were being assigned and I had been given my headband just last night.

"Shouldn't you be in class?" I sighed glancing in my mirror.

"Shouldn't you be not here?" Kakashi chuckled as he slipped off my window sill and into my room.

 "Just checking in and making sure that you're settling alright." I nodded as I adjusted my headband on my forehead.  Currently, I was living with Sasuke in his two bedroom apartment.

 "I'm fine"

 "You know you're late?" I sighed. I wasn't used to getting up and being places on time. In the Akatsuki as long as you trained and completed missions they could care less of what else you did.

"I'm leaving now" I told him as I fixed my belt. Sasuke and I had gone shopping to get some things for my room and myself. Now I had a complete new wardrobe, even my ninja wear. It consisted of white capree pants with a kunai holster around my right leg. A dark belt with the Uchiha symbol on the front that held up my shuriken pouch on my waist. For a shirt I wore a mesh netting top beneath a black slightly loose fitting short sleeved crop top. Luckily the meshed netting covered the scar on my side and the rest of my stomach that the crop top didn't. Then of course on my feet the usual custom blue sandals and the leaf ninja forehead protector where it should be, covering my forehead.

 "Better hurry" I sighed grabbing my black fingerless gloves from my nightstand and slipping them on. I hid my father's wedding ring beneath my shirt as I walked to the window.

 "Where are you going?" I looked back at Kakashi.

 "Sasuke didn't leave me a key" He nodded following me to the window. I jumped down first to the streets and waited a moment for him to follow. The two of us then walking towards the academy.

 "So are you excited?" I shrugged.

"Not really, teams aren't really my thing. I prefer working on my own." He chuckled slightly.

"You may not want to hear this but you sound an awful lot..."

"I know" I interrupted. I didn't like people mentioning Itachi mostly because of how they spoke of him. He was still my brother and I still more or less loved him as such. Plus hearing his name only reminded me of how much I was missing him. I mean of course I loved Sasuke but I missed who he was. Though I guess all of us changed.

"We'll I better be going, I'm running late now thanks..."

"Whoa wait a second you didn't have to come check up on me" I looked at him as he chuckled again.

"I know, I wanted to" I felt the blush rise to my cheeks and looked away.

"Jeez just go before you miss you're meeting" I heard him chuckle again.