Her backpack was light and she didn’t have much food. See, the bullying had caused Caroline to no longer eat at lunch, so she would starve herself for the whole say.

Sometimes, she would even continue to starve once she was home. All those comments about her weight were always getting to her – but she couldn’t help that she liked food?

The bus stopped at a bus stop right at the front of her school. By now, it was already 9:30am. Her extension class had already begun. She put her bag in her locker and grabbed a couple of books before making her way to the classroom. She opened the door as the class went completely silent.

All of a sudden, there were slight chatters between the students. Some could be made out as “Psht, it’s her” and “Look how fucked up she looks today, what a skank”.

“What reasons do you have for being late today, Caroline?” the teacher asked, peering over his glasses to study the new student.

“Just late, sir.” She muttered, not moving from the front of the class. Caroline hated it there – all of the attention being based on her. If there was anything that she could hate more than One Direction were being in front of everyone like this.

Her teacher nodded. “Detention, stay back.” He said, going back to the notes in his hands, reading them aloud.

Inside her mind, there was a fist pump moment. Detention meant not being outside; not being with other students, but a teacher who can’t let you get hit. Without another word, Caroline headed to the back of the classroom and took a seat in a lonely chair. Nobody dare sat near her, or even bother talking to her for the whole session.

Eventually, after a rather long hour, class was over and the bell rang. “Go.” He pointed to the door as every student rushed to get out of class. “Caroline, stay.”

Caroline did as she was told and watched every student run out of class. Once the class room was empty, her teacher closed the door and locked it. Caroline studied him curiously. ’He wasn’t supposed to lock the door, nobody else does.’ She thought.

He made his way to Caroline was hadn’t moved from her chair. He stared at her and put a hand on her cheek, stroking it softly. “Caroline…” he muttered, not looking away, nor taking his hand away.

Caroline stayed there, paralysed at his touch. What was he doing to her?

“I-I’m sorry, sir.” She whispered, shaking slightly.

“You shouldn't be sorry…” he whispered, leaning closer to her. He continued to stroke his thumb along her cheek as he moved, just inches away from her now.

“Wh-What are you doing?” she stammered.

He blinked and then slapped her across the face with all his power, causing Caroline to fall off her chair. She put a hand to her face and blinked back a tear.

“What was that for?” Caroline yelled, glaring from him to the door.

He backed away from her, shaking his head. “Get out of my face, fuck! Before I do it again you skank!” he yelled back.

What had happened to her teacher? Why was he hitting her and calling her a skank? What had she ever done to him?

“Don’t be late ever again!” he continued to yell, as Caroline stood up as fast as she could, and made for the door.

Caroline was sure that she was never going to be late again – especially for this class and this teacher.

She ran to her locker and shoved her book into it, as tears fell down her cheeks. Out of everyone to hit her or call her names, it just had to be a teacher. Why a teacher? Caroline escaped straight to the school toilets.