Chapter 22

Myles's POV 

'Don't worry though...I'll definitely find out.' Even though I had promised her that, I have not found out anything about Luke's death. Nada. I have already lost count on how many times I have felt so useless but I knew this was just another of those times. Even after twenty-four hours, my weird prophet powers have not revealed me anything worthwhile. 

I sighed and laid my head on my hands. Hana's faint footsteps sounded in the distance as she came down the stairs. Her small face soon appeared, her hands piled with toys. "Let's play Myles," she said. 

"I'm really not in the mood...," I began then saw her crestfallen face. She has been alone these past few weeks with no one to play with but it was for the best. She should not have knowledge. Of what was really going on in her life. "Sure thing kiddo, I'll play with you," I answered with a smile. 

Her small face illuminated and her blue eyes sparkled. "Here," she said and handed me a doll. "You can be Mr. Ravioli and I'll be Princess Pasta," she took out another doll dressed in a purple gown. 

"Hana, when exactly did you name these dolls?" I asked. 

"When momma made spaghetti one day," she answered, "I had a dream of Mr. Ravioli and Princess Pasta that night. Their hair was made of noodles." 

I chuckled. "That's cool," I said.  

She smiled and picked up another figure. "This is Miss Spaghetti. I wanted Angelica to play with us but she's too busy..." she trailed off. 

My hand reached over and patted her head. "Don't worry she'll be back soon," I said. I was hoping with all my heart that I was right. 

••• 

Angelica's POV 

"Hey you." 

Baron sighed. "I have a name you know." He stopped and waited for me to meet him in the hall. All the other angels were training, including Rylan. This was a perfect time to reinforce my favor to Baron.  

"Yes, yes, so does everyone," I said, "Now about our earlier proposition..." 

"Don't fret, I've already suggested for your boyfriend's transfer to the safe zone," he said. He looked out to the distance as if he was seeing something more than just walls. "Even though Myles is doubted by some, something in me believes in him." 

Part of me was slightly surprised. "Really..." 

He gazed back at me and grinned. "Do you think I haven't my own opinion?" 

"No it's just I'm a bit surprised," I said.  

"Surprised? Really when will humans ever be satisfied?" he got a strand of my hair and stared at me. My face slightly reddened and he smiled. "It's amusing, how your face shows your emotions." 

This somehow offended me. I turned my head away, freeing my hair. "Well I'd prefer if you don't think of me as some amusing toy!" I said haughtily and stomped away. I heard Baron's gentle chuckle as I walked away. 

••• 

Luke's POV

"Let's go people! Try on your armor!" I ordered. All around me, angels began grabbing ‘armor’, which was thin angelic leather. One of the best tailors we had here made it. Woven with angel tears, the leather was stronger than any metal. 

"Even swords can cut leather," Gabriella said. She approached me, already wearing her armor and carrying her sword. "A simple swipe with a powerful sword like yours can cut through this."