Chapter 8

Riley's POV 

My heart was singing. I was lying on my bed holding a glower up to my nose. Today, being the day before my wedding was my day to relax. It was a family tradition that both the groom and the bride spend a day away from each other to relax. All I wanted to do though was to go into Luke's arms. I had just confessed my love for him last night after accepting his proposal. The love and happiness of last night still lingered brightly in my heart. 

I plucked a petal from the flower,” He loves me." I pluck another feather,” He loves me a lot." I giggle. I was just so giddy today. I couldn't possibly keep still. 

I neatened myself and went downstairs. I really needed a day out; I will just go shopping or something. My father notices me passing by. 

"Riley? Where you going? It's your day to relax." he asks. 

I smile,” I’m sorry dad I just can't stay put. I'm going to go shopping, need anything?" 

"Bring me some Advil. Really, your brother is giving me constant headaches with his yapping." 

"Yapping?" 

"Yeah, your brother really loves you. He doesn't want to give you away to Luke." he pauses,” I’m almost about to comply, but you love him don't you?" 

"Yes father. I love him with all my heart." I spoke honestly. 

"Well go on! You are lucky Rylan is still asleep. Escape while you can!" 

A smile thus on my face,” Bye dad." I go out the door. 

•. •. •. •.  

I head into the grocery stores first to get my dad his Advil. It took my forever to find them though. They were hidden in the back on aisle five. I finally put one into my bag. I turned around and ended up bumping into someone.

"I'm sorry." I heard a voice say. 

I look to see a boy my age standing there. He had blonde hair and brown eyes. He was so handsome he was like an angel. He was wearing a purple shirt with some ripped jeans. 

"No, I'm sorry." I tell him. 

He just smiles,” Let us start over shall we? My name is Kyle Heavens." he extends his hand towards me. 

I take it and shake his hand,” I’m Riley Caters, nice to meet you." 

He picks up my Advil box from the ground;” Looking for something?" he asks then hands it to me.  

I take it graciously,” Thanks." 

"Anytime." 

I eye him;” You’re not from around here are you?" I ask. 

He grins,” I’m from the east. I come from Providence, Rhode Island." 

My eyes widen in curiosity,” Providence? I have never been there. I'm a westerner after all." 

"It's a nice place." he comments. 

I talk with Kyle as we head towards the check-up line. He seemed like a decent guy. When it was my turn to check out he asked me to wait for him. I waited and then asked him what he wanted. 

"Want to go to a new donut shop? My treat." he winks. 

"Sure."  

He leads me to the donut shop. He talked about all the places he has been to and I listen quietly. It seems that he has been to at least ten states around the U.S. He orders us a donut and begins to talk about an out of country trip he took to Mexico.