Chapter 10

"May I ask this dance?" he asked. 

   I was stunned. He was one of Luke's friends. Not one of them has approached me during the party. I could see them eyeing me now from their seats. I looked at the guy in front of me. Was this his test to see if I am okay for Luke? 

   "Certainly." I answer him. 

   We dance to both slow and fast songs. I finally try to ask him something,” So how'd you meet Luke?" 

   "At war. I fought with him and became one of the Fallen.," he said.” My name is Baron." 

   "Baron? That's a nice name." 

   "Thank you." 

   Now he asked a question,” How’d you come to love the Devil?" 

   His question surprised me because he was really interested,” First I did not fall in love with the Devil. I fell in love with Luke Morningstar. It was not love at first sight for either of us. His actions made me love him." 

   "Actions?" 

   I nod,” Everything he did was because he loved me." 

   The song that was on finished. Baron stuck his hands in his pockets. He smiled. "Thanks for dancing with me." 

   "No problem." he walked away. 

   Luke appears next to me,” Baron giving you trouble?" 

   I shake my head,” He just asked me some questions. He asked how I came to love the Devil." 

   "Did you answer?"  

   "Yes. He seemed kind of happy afterwards." 

   "He believes since I found someone I love, they can too. That they can feel loved once again."  

   I look at Luke's friends. They were just like Luke, lonely and unloved. Luke found me so they believe they could find happiness too. 

   Luke leans down and whispers in my ear,” Can’t wait till our honeymoon." 

   My face reddens. Usually married couples have a romantic night on their honeymoon. Luke and I decided to have our honeymoon here at his house so we could visit my mom. Today after everyone is gone, it will only be me and Luke and his house.

   I waved goodbye to everyone as they left. My hand was in Luke's. He was keeping me close ever since we cut the cake. I did not object, I wanted to be as close to him as possible too. At last, I waved goodbye to my father. He went up to Luke and whispered something in his ear. I could see Luke's cheeks grow pink as my dad left. 

   "What did he tell you?" I ask. 

   "Nothing." 

   "Tell me." I insist. 

   Luke lays one hand in his hair,” He told me he wouldn't be ready for a grandchild for some time." 

   I blush as the meaning sinks in. I avoid Luke's eyes,” He was just fooling with you." 

   "Oh no, he sounded really serious. I'm not ready for a child anyways." 

   Somehow, this hurts me. I always imagined Luke as a good father,” It’s okay." 

   We are silent for a while then head towards the house. My heart is beating fast as we head towards 'our' room. I am nervous since I have never really slept with a guy before. Did you have to pose or something? Luke opened the door and I saw the most beautiful room ever.