Chapter 13

Riley's POV

Angelica's face reddened,"No!"She spluttered. 

A smile crept onto my face, “Really?" 

She nodded her head vigorously. She suddenly seemed very interested in her shoes, “I um...don't like him like that."  

An idea formed inside my head. There was only one way I could think of that would reveal if Angelica loves Rylan. I built up my courage and talked, “Well you know..." I twirled my hair and looked around the room,"Rylan really likes girls that are self-sufficient and loyal." 

I saw Angelica glance my way and then turn away,"Oh yeah?" 

I nodded, “I think he may like someone like you..." 

"Really?" her eyes brightened and she gave me a hopeful expression. Her face reddened when she saw my grin, “I mean like there might be some girls at school that might be his type..." 

My patience wore out, “Just admit you like Rylan, Angelica." I placed my hands on her shoulders, “I won't make fun of you or tell anyone." 

Angelica began to cry. I was completely taken off guard.  

"Angelica? What's wrong?" I gave her a worried look. 

"I'm scared..."she sobbed, “I’m scared that he m-might not l-like me." I let her lean on my shoulder. I stroked her hair as she cried. 

"Don't be stupid." I said, “You shouldn't be scared of rejection." 

"Well you have Luke...”She said. 

"And I have...” she began to choke up. 

It was true, I did have Luke. "That doesn't mean you can't have Rylan!" 

"But..." 

"No buts! I'll go ask my brother if he likes you myself!"  

"Wait Riley don't-"  

However, I was already out the door. 

•. •. •.  

I walked next to Luke in silence. I was deep in though about Angelica's crush on Rylan. Luke stared at me, “What are you thinking about?" 

"Nothing much." 

"You won't tell me?" he asked. 

"I promised I wouldn't." 

He sighed, “Okay then." 

When we finally reached my house, Luke was hesitant to knock on the door. He glanced at me and I gave him a reassuring look. He nodded and knocked on the door. Rylan answered a few moments later. He smiled when he saw me. 

"Hey Riles...and Luke." Rylan greeted, “Come in." 

He led us inside and we sat in the living room. “Where’s dad?" I asked. 

"Out with some friends." he said. 

"That's nice." I sat down and began to twirl my hair. Rylan raised his eyebrows at me. He knew I twirl my hair when I get nervous. 

"What's up Riles?" he asked. 

"Umm..." I began. 

"I have something to tell you." Luke interrupted.  

Rylan turned to face Luke, “Yes?" 

"It might sound crazy but I am the Devil." 

Rylan snickered, “I knew that before you married Riley."