"I-I don't know," she mumbled, her eyes casted downward.

"I don't know," I mocked. "Yeah, hell you don't know! You almost killed me! I've been there once, I'm sure a second time wouldn't be any more pleasant!" I growled.

"Just shut up!" Kale snapped at me. I threw him a glare, flicking my claws out but only to intimidate. I wasn't looking to fight him.

"Oooh, lover boy's standing up for his girlfriend again. By how pissed she was, I'm guessing I was right; she doesn't give a damn about anyone but herself." I smirked. Kale was about to lunge when Moretta tore in between us.

"Both of you SHUT UP!" she gritted her teeth. "Can you not see what situation we're in?!" Kale took a step back, closer to Helena.

"Alright, come on. We need to find a place to wash up." Moretta said, but just as she was about to turn, a shot rang out and something went flying right past her head. We all turned, facing a large man wearing a lot of black and holding up a very mysterious gun.

He shot again but we moved out of the way. Lynx faded to invisibility and Kale's shield began to spread over his body as he stood protectively in front of Helena.

Moretta had jumped up on a fire escape, her claws flicked out, hissing like a cat. She pounced at him but he was able to move aside. He fired another shot at Moretta but Kale jumped in between, reflecting the bullet.

The man turned and pointed the gun at Helena but before he could shoot, I tackled him, my claws digging through three layers of protection on his back. I growled, pushing him to the ground.

Suddenly, an all too familiar shock was sent coursing through my body, knocking me off him. I glared up, looking right at a powered Taser, electric sparks dancing on the tips. He was from Alcatraz!

I scrambled back just as Kale kicked him upside the head, sending him face first into the brick wall. The Taser fell to the ground a few feet away from me and I jumped back from it like it would swallow me up. So many, too many, bad memories came from those devil wielded devices.

I watched as the wobbly Scientist tried to get back up. His nose was gushing blood where it connected with the wall, the skin around it already beginning to bruise purple. He was weak and most likely disoriented; I could probably take him out right now; just rip up the rest of his broken face, but Kale stepped in, taking the guy’s head and giving it a jerk to the side.

A loud crack made me wince as Kale dropped the limp body to the ground. I stared, gawking, at the lifeless body that now littered the alley.

"Run! We need to get out of here!" Moretta growled. We ran from the alley and were half way down the street when Helena tripped over some garbage cans. That was maybe the first time I had ever seen her loose her balance or bump into something.

Out in the open, she was somewhat of a normal blind person, but it only made me feel a pang of… concern? Kale ran back and helped her up; carrying her down the street where we found another abandoned apartment building. We busted down the doors and ran in, trying to take a breather and sort out what the hell just happened.