// Chapter 1 - The Lachowski Family

"Azalea!! Hurry, you'll miss your flight!"

"I'm coming! I'm coming!"

I zipped up the last centimeters of my suitcase and shoved in a few last minute items inside my backpack. Running quickly to my bathroom mirror, I checked my appearance to make sure I was presentable. To say I wasn't nervous was an understatement, I was going to live with a family that I've never met before for 3 months, for Christ's sake! I flattened my brown hair, applied a bit of mascara to my eyes and ran downstairs grabbing my suitcase.

"Finaaaally" says my 12 year old brother Max. I stick out my tongue in a childlike manner and ruffle his hair. He starts to tickle my sides knowing my weakness. I fall on the floor, laughing so much my stomach hurts.

"A-Alright ss-stop you ww-anker"

" Max get of your sister or she'll miss her flight" My dad says smiling.

We gather all my bags into the car and drive to the nearest airport in London. Looking through the window with the tiny droplets of rain running down made me realise my own tear running down my cheek. I'm going to miss London, the busy city life, the atmosphere and most importantly my family. My family are honestly like best friends of mine. My parents have such pure souls that are always so positive about life. Mums what I would call the kind one and dad, well let's just say his always smiling and laughing. Lastly Max has a cheeky side to him that takes both after my mum and dad. Even though I'm not going to be seeing my family for 3 months, I can't help but wonder what kind of adventure I'm going to go on, the new scenery and mayb-

"Honey aren't you coming? We're here!" My mum says from the front passenger seat.

"Huh? Oh right, yeah" I answered a little dazed. 

I come out of the car and see my dad standing there with my suitcase in his hands. I look up at my mum knowing she's going to cry.

" Oh honey, I'm going to miss you so much! Make sure to call me at least once a week" My mum embraces me in a huge hug.

"Mum don't worry I promise we will skype once a week!" I say hugging her back.

She whispers in my ear "Maybe there will be some cute guys". Pulling away she winks. I start to feel my cheeks heat up and I playfully hit her shoulder.

"Sweetheart, Don't give her ideas!" Dad says trying to keep a straight face while showing amusement at the same time.

Suddenly the boarding for Australia was being called through the speakers. I hugged my parents and hugged Max while ruffling his hair knowing how much he dislikes it.

"I love you guys" I say and start running to gate 8.

"Don't forget to use protection" my dad shouts. I turn beetroot red, while everyone gives me odd looks. My dad cracks up laughing and mum playfully hits his head.

I show my ticket to a stewardess and l sneak a last glance to the direction of my family. Dad kisses my mums forehead smiling, while she looks up at him and Max waves and smiles. With that, I start walking through the tunnels to enter the plane. Once reaching the plane, I touch the outside for good luck and took for my seat. I happen to sit next to an old couple, who are looking adorably together. Seeing them look into each other eyes with such love and passion, puts a smile on my face.

"Hello sweaty, this is my husband Kev and I'm Lucia" she says smiling at me.

"I'm Azalea! You both make such an adorable couple".

"Please take you seats and put on you seatbelts, we will be departing soon", cheerfully says a stewardess. I put on my seatbelt, place in my earphones in and chew on my gum. I've always hated this part; I was fine with the landing I guess It just hurt when my ears would pop.

Once the button on top of my head flashes indicating it's safe to take of your seatbelts and the TV's turn on, I take of my shoes and put on a movie to make time go faster.

After 2 flights, 5 movies, overplayed music from my favorite playlist on my phone, I finally made it! Stepping out of the plane, the butterflies start to kick in. Scanning the airport, I spot my name on a huge poster with messy drawings of butterfly's and flowers. Huh? They must have a daughter. I start walking towards what look like to be two big figures and one small one. Once I come closer towards the figures, I scan their faces. The lady looks very nice. Looking down I see a little girl that is adorably looking around the crowd. I look where her hand is holding, looking up I see one of the most gorgeous boys I've seen. Very tall, with brown hair and eyes, and-

"Azalea!!" Someone embraces me into a hug and pulling out of my thoughts. Laughing I hug the person back and let go to look at their face.

"I'm Christine, this is my daughter Gracie and son Nicolai!"

"It's nice to meet you all" shyly I look at their daughter and then glance up at a pair of brown eyes staring at me in amusement.

"Zea" Grace says pulling her arm out of Nicolai's hand and wrapping them around my legs. I catch Nicolai's face twitching into a smile.

"Come on let's go, you must be tired!" says Christine. I smile and nod.