// Chapter 3 - He Was Like A Fire Out Of Control

// Chapter 3;  He Was Like A Fire Out Of Control 

 I was in great deep awe of the setting of the big fire on the beach, beautiful sparks of fire were gently flying towards the sky like fire flies. Teenagers that all seemed around my age where laughing, dancing and vibrating with happiness. A little sudden ache was felt through my right arm, turning my head towards the source of pain I came face to face with a sympathetic male, with brown curly hair. 

"Hey!! Watch i- oh hey Xander" Cassie says and I notice her smile widening.

"Hey Cas! I'm so sorry, blame does guys down there" He says pointing to a group of shirtless guys on the other side of the beach". Facing me he asks " I haven't seen you before, are you new?"

"Ah yeah, I'm Cassie. I've just came fro-"

"Oh I know you! Nicolai has told me about you" he smirks. Speaking of which, where is he? Looking around the crowd I finally stop him and see him with a blonde girl on his lap. He smiled at her at something she said, but i didn't quite reach his eye. It was weird seeing him smile even if it didn't seem a genuine one. 

"Hey you alright? I called you three times now" Cassie says with concern

"Huh? Oh yeah... ah .. hey who was that guy" I ask trying to change the topic while smirking at her flustered face as soon as I mentioned him.

"Shut it! That's Xander, I've known him since diaper days. His also Nicolai's best friend, you'll be seeing him a lot!"

I was just about to reply when someone tapped on my shoulder, causing me to turn around.

"Hey gorgeous! I'm Jake, want to get grab a drink?"

He was attractive and seemed nice. I was still a little cautious, I didn't know who his character truely was or what kind of a person he is. But what i did know, was I wanted to put myself out there. In a way of meeting new people and making more memories. Ignoring my nerves  I took his hand and wave to Cassie who stands there uncomfortable, a little scared. Ignoring the slight change of her facial, I continued walking. Maybe she saw something behind me?

Walking hand to hand we enter a little bar. " What would you like?" he asks.

"Ah I'll just have an iced tea" I didn't feel like drinking alcohol especially with a slight jetlag. He nods while passing me the drink.

"Let's go dance" He says grabbing my arm and dragging us towards where all the other people were dancing.

We were dancing and laughing. Suddenly someone pushed me and I lost my footing resulting me into slamming Jake's chest. Jake didn't see it coming and fell on his back.

"Ump, sorry I didn't mean t-" I stopped midway realizing how close our faces aware. He started to lean grabbing my hips eagerly while I just froze. My arm was suddenly yanked, bringing me up to standing position. Turning my back I stood confusingly at Nicolai who look pissed.

Before I could ask, Nicolai punched Jake in the jaw numerous times. "Nicolai! Nicolai get off him" I yelled but he wouldn't listen. I grabbed his shoulder and pulled it with all my force. He finally got of Jake and turned his face to me. "What is wrong with you! Are you crazy?!" I shouted.

"Crazy? That's funny. Maybe you should re-think who the sick bastard here is". With that he stormed out of the beach. I stood among everyone else all with shocked faces. 

I glanced on the ground to see Jake standing up with blood coming out of his nose and all of his shirt. "Jake are you alright? What was that about?"

"I'm fine, I-I'm just going to go" He said avoiding my question and walking off. 

"Azalea!!! You alright? I heard what happened and came as fast as I could". Cassie says giving me a half hug.

"Yeah I'm fine, let's just go home".

"Sure thing" she gives me a small uneasy smile.

Once we arrived at home I looked at my phone to check the time and saw I had eighteen missed calls from my mum. Holy Shit! You know when you miss more than two calls from you mum you're going to be dead.

" Hey Cassie, I'm going to take this up in my room and I'll see you tomorrow. Are you staying over?"

" Yeah that's fine. Probably not, my mum wants me up in the morning for something that I have no idea about" she frowns. "Goodnight Azalea" she said while giving me a hug.

"Goodnight! Thanks for taking me again".

Once going upstairs, I walked into my room and started dialing mums number. Waiting nervously, seconds feeling like minutes. "AZALEA!! IVE BEEN CALLING AND CALLING. WHY HAVN'T YOU AWNSERED?!" my mum blasts through the phone.

"Arh hehe, hi mum"

"Don't hi me! Listen young lady we had a deal. I was so worr-"

"Hey Hun, ignore your mother she's bonkers! Just please call next time to avoid this next time. How have was the flight and the new family?" Dad says while I could hear mum shouting to give the phone back.

" Hey dad!! Yes I know, I'm sorry. I'll call from now on. Flight wasn't that bad and the family is really great. I met a girl named Cassie who i-"

"AHA, I got the phone back! Are there any cute boys?" mum says.

Oh god. I knew this was coming . " Nope bye mum! Love you lot's" 

 "Love you too honey but wait-" she said before my dad start speaking again. " Azalea goodnight, just call next time please!"

"Thanks dad for saving me, I will do! Goodnight." 

Chuckling to my self,  I went to change into some comfy pajamas, brushed my teeth and let sleep take over.