// Chapter 6 - Did You Bonk Him?

I woke up to someone nudging me. "Azalea are you awake?" Cassie questioned innocently.

"What do you think" I said sarcastically with a rusty morning voice. She just smiled sheepishly at me.

We made our way towards Christine's tent which everyone was already eating breakfast upset Nicolai and Xander.

"Finally you girls are up. The boys seem to be up sleeping in as well. You haven't been doing anything have you ladies?" she gave us a little questioning look.

My lips kept twitching, I tried to pull it of by shaking my head but I think Christine caught on. She smiled amusingly at us, "I'm just glad you kids are having fun. There's milk on the table, help yourself with some cereal".

Midway through my cornflakes, I lifted my face and saw Nicolai and Xander yawning, while making their way towards where we were sitting.

Cassie gasped with excitement and I thought something had happened but instead she said, " Let's go jumping of the rope today! You guys eat breakfast and will go change and will recruit in 30 minutes."

"Yes Boss". Xander said with a wink at Cassie. She just stuck her tongue out.

_________

The rope was attached to a beautiful big tree. There was also a little pier on the left hand side of the clear blue lake. I went towards it taking in the clear water when I was pushed into the cold water. Coming above the water I came to face with Cassie laughing.

"Oh you're going to get it!", I 

I already had murderous plans rising in my head. I splashed her repeatedly when Xander started jumping into the lake, with Nicolai following after him. 

I swam out of the lake and started to take the heavy wet clothing that was stuck to my body. I was left with my bikini, making my straps a little tighter I turned around to see Nicolai staring from the water. Once he noticed he looked away with a cold stare. 

Endless jumps and hungry bellies we left the lake and made our way towards where there the parents were cooking a BBQ near the campfire. Biting into my burger was delicious. I couldn't imagine a world without food. My phone vibrated midway through my burger. I excused myself from everyone and Cassie gave me an odd look. I just pointed towards the phone. Nicolai and Xander were engrossed into some conversation about soccer. Who I actually found out they both play.

Sitting near the lake, I sent a text to my parents telling them everything that has happened and that I'm enjoying it so far. Scrolling through pictures made me realise how much I miss them. I didn't even realise how long I had been here when I was brought out of my little bubble.

"Hey you alright? You've been here far too long and Cassie sent m- why your crying?". Nicolai spoke softly.

"I'm just a tad homesick". I groaned, "this is embarrassing".

"It's okay to miss someone you know" he spoke and sat down near me on the rock. I gave him a small attempted smile.

Nothing was said between us. Just a comfortable silent presence. A presence in which I felt completely warm and as if it sounded completely stupid, It felt perfect. 

Or it might have been the warm fabric that was draped on my shoulders by Nicolai's jumper. I could be mistaken into imagining things ,but deep inside I knew it must have been something more. 

"Come on let's go back, I'm starting to get cold", Nicolai suggested.

" Yeah, I think I might go to bed". We made our way up to were Cassie and Xander were talking and looking at each other like they were in a deep conversation. Im happy for Cassie, she deserves it and I know Xander is a good guy. I said my goodbyes and headed to the tent.

____________

"Psttt...Azalea... are you wake"?

" Nicolai? What's do you want?" I questioned a little confused.

"Can I sleep with you? I mean not like that just sleep sleep. Cassie fall asleep in Xander's tent".

I laughed at his behaviour, "I guess". I opened the tent for him and scooted over.

"Here use Cassie's sleeping bag- OWW" I bumped my head with his.

"Shit are you okay?" he took my face in his hands. "Azalea! Your face and hands are so cold".

"That's what happens when you get pushed in to the water with only one jumper". I sighted.

"Scoot closer", I felt him covering with the sleeping bag and tucking every inch of the sleeping against my cold skin.  He pressed his front against my back, but still keeping a barrier.  I sighted in warmth.

Waking up my back was towards Nicolai's chest with his hand caging me. He was quite the cuddler. Moving his hand gently he started to move around. "Morning" he spoke in rusty voice that sounded way too good. What was I thinking? "How did you sleep"  I awkwardly asked my voice croaking. Great way to try sound appealing in the morning.

"Great, let's get something to eat". I just simply nodded and started to unzip the tent. Getting out I was faced with a shriek.

"WHAT THE HELL DO YOU THINK YOU'RE DOING! -".

Looking up I saw the it was the same girl that was sitting on Nicolai's lap at the bonfire. 

"WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON" She shouted at my face.

"Calm down Brittney, I had no where to sleep". Nicolai answered. So that's who Brittney was.

"What's going on?" Cassie questioned yawning beside Xander.

"Who ever her name is, slept in the same tent as my BOYFRIEND". Cassie looked at me with a small smile.

"Did you guys bonk?" I questioned Cassie with a slight raised brow?

"Bonk?" questioned Cassie.

"Yep, you know do the deed" I chuckled.

"No we just talked and fell-"

"What are you doing here anyway?" Xander questioned looking at Brittney with a slight tinge of pink in his cheeks. Huh, cute. 

"I wanted to surprise MY boyfriend and stay the last day with you guys". I looked at Nicolai who looked back at Brittney who instead was glaring at me.

Great. I think I lost my appetite.