Chapter 13 - Birthday Wishes

♥Chrissy's POV♥

I was awoke by my phone vibrating against the hard oak wood of my bedside table. I opened my eyes and waited for them to adjust before I opened unlocked my phone, a text message was waiting for me.

From: Luke

"Good morning baby, hope I didn't wake you up. Happy seventeenth birthday to my world, hope you get everything you wanted, love you loads Chrissy, see you at the bus stop ;) xx"

A smile widened across my face as I read the text over and over again. What a great start to my birthday, I thought.

"Thank you baby, means a lot!! Love you lots ;) xoxo"

Just as I leaped out of bed to head to the bathroom, my door burst open and I was engulfed with a massive bear hug from my mum.

"Good morning my beautiful birthday girl!" she cooed, squeezing me tightly.

"Morning mum," I sang.

"Here's one of your presents, you can open the rest when you get home from school," she said, handing me a beautifully wrapped parcel. The paper was a dusty rose colour and it was tied perfectly with a little white satin ribbon. I didn't want to rip the paper as I was terrified of ruining such a perfect little creation, so I attempted to carefully untie the ribbon, but it got all tangled in my fingers.

"Just rip it open Chrissy!" Mum urged me, so I reluctantly did as I was told. I tore all of the paper off until I held a little blue box in the palms of my hands.

I opened it up and saw one of the most beautiful charm bracelets I had ever seen! It was shiny silver and had a diamond encrusted lining around the outsides with a teddy bear charm, a love heart charm, a star charm, and little mini charms with a crystal in the middle surrounding the bigger charms.

"Thank you so much mum!" I thanked her gratefully. I had never received such a valuable gift.

"Chrissy, I'm so sorry, but I'm not going to be here when you come home, I have to work, I tried to get the day off but my boss needs me," she told me, a tinge of sadness in her eyes.

"Don't worry mum, you just do what you need to do. Luke is taking me out for dinner, so I won't be alone!" I beamed at the thought of us at a table, on our own, enjoying a meal together. Ahh, bliss!

"Luke seems very fond of you. He always stops by and asks to see you."

"Well, I better get ready for school," I sighed, trying my hardest to avoid the subject. "Thanks for the present mummy."

Once she had exited the room, I put my bracelet on immediately and began to get ready for school, Red Hot Chilli Peppers played through my speakers.

It was around 8am and I had just finished my breakfast; pancakes and blueberries, yum! I skipped through the hall, unhooked my bag from the coat rack and called my mum goodbye. I then proceeded cheerfully towards the bus stop.

I was the first one there today, and with nobody there yet to keep me company, I grew extremely bored. I began to scroll through my twitter feed, that had become part of my daily routine.

Half of my mentions were birthday wishes from people I didn't even know, presumably the boys' fans, and a lot of the mentions were fans showing their support for Luke and I. I started to think that maybe all the hate I was getting was just because it was such a shock to the fans, I know I would probably act the same way out of instinct, I'd feel as if I had to do my best to protect the ones I looked up to the most. I appreciated that they were now growing to accept the fact that Luke and I loved each other. It was beginning to get easier with time, to me, time was the biggest healer.