Chapter 8: Surprise Of The Night

• Dedicated to Maggie Hovermale

A/N: Oh gosh... I can't even begin to tell you how sorry I am for not uploading. What with school starting in all I... well... I kind of forgot :/ I'm so sorry! And i'm sorry this chapter is so short... Don't hate me! But I thank my fans for still reading, you inspire me! I hope this chapter isn't a disappointment for how long I took, but I tried my best, is that enough? :D (by the way, this chapter is dedicated to Maggie, simply because she is the definetion of beast) Anyway, I do hope you like it! So, as always,

VOTE!

COMMENT!

FAN? (maybe? PWEASE? :D)

And most of all,

ENJOY!

Loving you long time,

-Xein

Chapter 8: Surprise Of The Night  

    I let out a high pitched scream and instantly muffled it with my hand. I staggered backwards, and caught myself on the arm of the love seat. Pushing myself to think straight, I settled into the soft cushion.

    What the hell just happened? Did I faint? Am I insane? Did I imagine it all? Several more questions ran through my mind. I absent mindedly started twirling something in my hand, and looked down to see what it was. It was the ring. I gasped and threw it across the room. I didn’t know why, but I felt the “vision” was somehow connected to it. That or the jacket.

    I examined my legs, wondering who’s blood it even was. I ran my fingers threw my hair, and my hand came back damp, smelling of mildew and dusty warehouse. I muttered an agitated sigh and resigned to the bathroom.

    I stepped in to our tiny bathroom and positioned myself in front of the mirror, and nearly fainted from the sight. My eyes were wild and crazy, and honestly, they looked like they belonged to a crack-head. My blonde hair was haphazardly thrown across my face, giving me a bed head look. And not the good kind. I searched my face, and to my surprise, I saw an amused look lingering there just below the surface of my bewilderment. It’s as if in the “vision” I was me, but a completely different person. Because in the vision, well frankly I didn’t give a damn about any blood or musty-smelling hair.

    I dug around in my pocket for my cell phone, to check the time. I had finished Grown ups at around 12:25 a.m., so I nearly dropped the phone when it read 3:24 a.m. My eyes grew wide.

    “Three Twenty Four?!” I whisper-shouted. Three twenty four? How could that be possible. That little incident could have only lasted a few minutes. But no, the phone clearly read that time. Yet it still was unclear as to how it could be.

    I shook my head as if it could clear the thoughts. Well, I can’t go to sleep with smelly hair and bloody legs now can I? I hurriedly stripped off my night clothes and jumped into the first ice-cold and then steaming-hot shower.

    As the water rolled off my hair and down my back, I was left alone with only my thought. My brain pondered, and searched for logical explanations. The only thing I could come up with was that I had daydreamed it, and for some reason my legs decided to bleed and then heal. Yet that was still highly unlikely, unless I was superman. Though it would be an advantage to have kryptonite as your only reason. I chuckled to myself, and then slapped myself in the face for getting so off topic. Apparently when you smack your face when it’s wet, it hurts ten times worse than when it’s dry. I could already feel a small welt rising on my left cheek. I groaned internally and continued trying to come up with an explanation.   

    Okay. So, maybe the couch had mildew on it, and my hair soaked up the stench. It could be possible, most definitely. As far as the blood goes, well I was still stuck with the inhuman healing theory. I finished my shower and grabbed a large red towel to dry off with, followed by brushing my teeth. I smiled wide, and I’m nearly positive I’ve never smiled such a fake smile. I sighed and opened the door and walked across the hallway to my room.

    I slipped on fuzzy pants, and a long sleeved Old Navy shirt. I crossed the room and cranked the air conditioner to high. I wanted to pretend I was somewhere else tonight. Perhaps Alaska…

    Right when I was pulling back my brightly colored comforter, I remembered something. I flung open my door and practically sprinted to the living room. My eyes searched the brown and teal colors and found a glimmer of gold. I took fast tip-toes across the room, and snatched up the ring. I fled from the suddenly dark-feeling room and went to my room.

    Quietly, I shut my door. Then I remembered what the ring had done. Slowly and carefully I placed it on my desk. I examined for a few moments, then made my decision. I knew then what I would do.

    I looked around for something of use. I spotted a chain holding a metal I had won at school, and unlatched the back, sliding off the metal. Retreating to my bed, I slid the ring onto the chain, hung it around my neck, and tucked it under my shirt, where no one would ever see it again, not even my sister.

(comment for more? :D)