Chapter 3: The Boy

• Dedicated to Allie Rodgers

A/N: hey guys! sorry this chapters so short, but it need not call for any longer of a chapter. i'm also sorry to those of you have been waithing for me to update, and i haven't. (LorraineNickoleHale) so please excuse the unexcusable, but i have a reason! not a good one, but a reason. XC practice is extremeley tiring! well I wont keep you from reading any longer, so go on, read!! And.....

PLEASE COMMENT!!!!

Chapter 3: The Boy

    A long meadow as far as the eye can see. A small river leading to a larger-in-comparison water fall cascading far below into a rocky, beautiful pit. A sunset, setting the sapphire blue sky ablaze. The hunter green shade of the grass. And a white gold necklace with a ruby set in the middle, staring up at me from my feet. That's what my eyes take in first. I look back at my bare feet, with the blood red toenails. Then I see every detail.

    My eyes travel up my bare legs for a moment. At first I think I’m naked, but mid thigh, I spot the hem of a soft, cream colored dress. I see delicate white lace patterns covering the soft cream cotton underneath. I can feel the back of the gown water-falling down my back to the ground, impersonating a wedding dress tail. Then my eyes silently move more upwards, seeing the tiniest bit off cleavage above the strapless dress. The top of the gown is lined with tiniest, most delicate, baby pink rosebuds. The see-through lace covers every inch of the soft cotton. The back was laced up by fragile white strings. It was completely, and almost unbelievably comfortable. And I had never seen such a beautiful dress.

    I was not really a girl that considered clothing “beautiful”. I mainly thought people, and nature were beautiful, but this dress was entirely different. This dress was alive. I could feel its warmth, it’s breathing. And I realized it was made for me. I looked into the river to see my reflection. And…I was wearing makeup? Wearing it rarely is an understatement. My hair was tied into a loose bun at the crown of my head, with small curls falling down my back. White flowers were delicately placed at the circumference of the bun. My lips were stained ruby, my eyes lined in smoky black, my cheeks a pale blush.

    The sun was going down, and the moonlight shimmered off my skin, creating a look that was translucent. And in the reflection behind me, I saw a boy around my age, with jet black hair falling over his face and reaching the top of his upper lash line, deep brown eyes, soft yet high cheekbones, full satin lips, skin pale as mine, an all together cuteness, an innocent look to him. And his hands were wrapped around my waist.