Chapter 4: Visitor

A/N: hey people that are reading my story!

I wrote this chapter fairly quick, not wanting to break my vow to upload a chapter a week! So if you wouldn't mind commenting and telling me if you liked it or not, i'd be more than happy to read your story/stories and return the favor! and if you would be ever so kind, send me some pictures you think would be good for Riley and Rider! (i've already got Aella picked out!) if anyone does send me a picture, (and i like it) i will dedicate this chapter to you!   so, i hope you enjoy this chapter and......

LIKE!

COMMENT!

AND VOTE!

Love always,

-Xein

Chapter 4: Visitor

    I woke up with a start. I sat up so quickIy it woke Tinker up, making her shoot i know a foot in the air, causing her to get tangled in mess of blankets. I was confused, and disoriented. That was the most vivid dream I had ever had. It was utterly real. I could still feel the moon on my back, the mist of the river, the lingering touch of his hands. The mist especially. Something made me get up to look in the body-length mirror hanging on the outside of my closet.

    I saw my messy hair pulled into a half-assed bun. My grey nit shorts that were so short that I would die if any one saw me in them, but happened to be extremely comfortable to sleep in. My lime green tank top with the gnome on it that read “I’m not short, I’m fun sized!”. And my body was moist with water. Not sweat, but water. The kind that came from a river. I looked down at my feet. My toenails were freshly painted blood red. I hadn’t painted my toenails in more than a week.

    I tried to shake it off, just jotting it down to “maybe I did paint my toenails last night without remembering” and “it might be sweat…” Or maybe I’m crazy and I’m going to loose my mind by the time I’m twenty…

    I was supposed to finally meet Rider tonight at dinner with Riley fixing dinner (something she rarely does, we usually just order Chinese), so I needed to get ready and look decent for tonight. So, I left my spot from in front of my mirror, walked out to the hall, and into the (only) bathroom to take a hot shower.

    Riley was out of the house, probably out with Rider. They had been so much time together, I had barely seen her lately. For a moment, I was mad Riley wasn’t hear, making breakfast like usual, then automatically, I felt bad. Riley was happy, and I was happy she was happy (I really am happy for her, you can tell because I got the word in the same sentence three times).

    So because she wasn’t here, I left the door to the bathroom open. I took off my clothes, and threw them in the small white painted wicker basket sitting in the corner. I turned on the shower, cranking it to the hottest setting. While waiting for it to warm up, (our water heater sucks) I brushed my teeth, then took down my hair and brushed it out. The water got hotter quicker than usual, steaming the mirror above the vanity.

    I hopped in the shower, tugging the red and gold shower curtain closed. I just stood under the running water for a while, then finally grabbed my Aussie shampoo and started lathering my hair. Half way through rinsing it, I heard the front door open. Riley must be home.

    “Riley?” I called. No answer. I tried once more, still no answer. I stripped open the shower curtain, and grabbed a fluffy white towel from the cabinet under the vanity, and wrapped it around my body. I grabbed my black and pink hair dryer, (I don’t know, it might temporarily stop a burglar?)  and with suds still in my hair, I stepped in out into the hall way. I heard a noise from the kitchen, so I tiptoed around the corner, and caught sight of  a tall figure move towards the counter.

    It was a man. He had dirty blonde hair, emerald green eyes, a tan complexion, and full lips. He was at least 6’3. He was wearing a blue polo (most likely from a store like Aeropostale, or Abercrombie) and Levi Blue Jeans. He was around twenty seven years old. He looked too handsome/ movie star-ish to be a burglar, but who knows. I was about to strike him with my hair dryer, when he saw me.

    “Wait, wait, wait!” he screamed, raising his hands to prevent the blow. I stopped inches in front of his face.

“Who are you?” I demanded from the stranger.

“I’m so sorry! I’m Rider, you must be Aella.” he stuttered out as quick as his lips would let him. I was so confused.

“What are you doing in my house?” then the name registered in my mind. “You’re Riley’s boyfriend, aren’t you?” I said in a softer voice.

“Yes, I am.” he said through a breath of relief for not getting struck by the hair dryer. I felt my cheeks get warm. I stuttered an

“I’m sorry I almost hit you with a hair dryer…”

“It’s completely understandable! I should have knocked, but the door was unlocked and I left my phone here last night…” That sprung a question in my mind.

“You were here last night?” it was his turn to blush.

“Yes, your sister invited me over…” he said with an embarrassed voice. Of course she did. He was her boyfriend. I felt foolish.

    He finally registered what I was wearing. His eyes got large, and he blushed again.

“Oh! You were taking a shower! I’m ever so sorry. I’ll let you finish… and I suppose I’ll see you tonight at dinner.” he said, heading toward the door.

“Yeah, I’ll see you tonight…” I said awkwardly. I opened the door for him, and he left. I closed the door then locked it. What an awkward first impression… I thought.

    I headed back to the bathroom and got back in the shower. I had left the water running… I can’t believe I did that. I always turn the water off. And why am i even thinking about that? Why did it matter? The encounter with Rider filled my head with all sorts of questions.

     I kept thinking how awkward dinner would be tonight, and for some reason, I kept having the feeling the Rider was lying about leaving his phone here, and lying about being here last night.

COMMENT FOR MORE!