Chapter 20: Best Friends

Magsimula sa umpisa

It took him some moment before he finally responded. "The past doesn't matter that much anymore, hyung. What's important is that you and Jungkook are starting a good relationship with each other. I can already envision the two of you as being very close to each other in the near future." Tae explained.

"You know what, you're right. Why do you have to be always right? We - " I was about to continue talking, but suddenly, head began to hurt when I asked him why does he have to be always right. This pain again.

"Hyung, are you alright?" Tae worriedly asked when he realized I was in pain that I had to stop talking for a while. This is by far the most painful of all the headaches that I had after I woke up. What the hell is happening to me?

"Yes Tae, I'm alright. My head is aching again, but it's nothing intolerable. Maybe it's just from the hunger." I said to him as I stood up to prepare to leave. "Let's go, let's buy some food." I said to him as I began to jog to the convenience store.

When we got there, we searched the whole store for food that we would like to eat. We took some time in that part, because the store didn't have the food that we usually bought. When we finally found other food items that we wanted to try, we had them counted, and we headed for the park benches. There, we happily eat the new food that we tasted for the first time. We were just eating it all out when I remembered something about the place.

"Tae," I said, as Tae looked at me, still chewing on the food that he just bit. "Do you remember this place?" I asked him. At first, he gave me a confused look that seemed to be asking. Then, his face brightened up and he finally remembered what I was trying to tell him.

"OH!!! Yes! I remember it, hyung! That morning when my life was put on the line..." Tae narrated. He was overly exaggerating the event, but I found his words quite funny.

"Yah! I didn't hit you that hard!" I said to him in defense. "It was actually a bit soft, because I was too frightened to fight." I continued, making Tae laugh at me.

"What? So you're saying that wasn't really you're full strength?" Tae asked. "It felt like it was a punch coming from a professional boxer." He added, as he rubbed his head at the place where I hit him that time. Both of us laughed at his comment.

We were still busy reminiscing the moments that we spent together in the past when we heard a phone ring. Both of us quickly pulled our phones out of our pockets, but it turned out that the phone ringing was mine.

"Why did you pull out yours?" I asked Tae, who was now putting his phone back into his pocket.

"Sorry, I thought it was mine that was ringing. Apparently, we have the same tone." Tae explained as he continued eating the food we bought.

"Oh... I see. You're really such a copycat." I told Tae, making him look at my direction and send imaginary daggers to me.

"Hey! I didn't know that was your tone. Who knows, maybe it's you who copied my tone." Tae retorted as he returned to his eating business.

"Of course not! What would I gain if I were to copy your tone?" I said to him in defense as I read the message that I received.

From: Jungkook

Hyung! Where are you and Tae-hyung? The other members are getting impatient; they want to eat breakfast without the two of you. Please come back immediately.

And stay safe ^ ^

"So, who's it from?" Tae asked as he scooted over to see the text for himself.