Chapter 17: The Kim Of Seokjin

Jin's POV:

"Good morning, Tae." I said after waking up, still not opening my eyes from sleepiness. When there was no response, I looked at the side of the bed where he was supposed to be sleeping. I found it empty.

Before the accident, I was used to waking up to a snoring Tae beside me. It was usually me who woke him up to help me prepare the breakfast. Since the accident, I usually wake up alone in bed, and I haven't gotten used to it. Not yet. Gotta stand up and prepare breakfast.

Still sleepy after a busy day yesterday, I went straight to the refrigerator to check what food we still have left. I first felt the coldness that the fridge emits before really checking the insides to look for food items. After about a minute of tossing the bags inside, I realized that there are only vegetables left. Vegetables only, no pancake mix, no meat. NO MEAT. I'm sure Tae's not going to like it when he finds out. He's not going to eat breakfast. There SHOULD be meat.

My mind was focused on one thing – look for meat for Tae. Tae is like a child during the morning. He doesn't like vegetables. He never craved for any vegetable. He only eats them when they are hidden, masked by the meat, or required to be eaten. In addition to that, the diva-ish behavior of Tae becomes more evident during breakfasts. During the first few days of the group together, most of the members, especially Yoongi, were easily irritated by Tae's childish demeanor. As time went by, the members eventually found this childish side of him cute and adorable. He was even considered one of the mood setters of the group, along with Jimin and Hoseok.

I was in deep thought on what to do about the lack of meat when I heard a door open and close. I turned to see a sleepy Jungkook approaching. He doesn't look happy.

"Good morning, Jungkook." I greeted him.

"Morning hyung." He replied. It was obvious that he purposely left out the word "good".

"Where's the good?" I asked him, trying to uplift his mood. He only gave me a depressed look. Something must be wrong.

"What's wrong, Jungkook? You can tell hyung." I said to him as I approached him to pat him on the back.

"Nothing serious hyung. It's just that I woke up in bed alone. Jimin-hyung left me." He confessed. I tried, but I can't hide the smile that crept up on my face. Jungkook noticed.

"What are you smiling about? There's nothing funny!" Jungkook said to me as he pushed me away from him. It's then I lost it. I just laughed the hell out of me.

"Hyung, it's not funny!!!" He screamed. I don't know if his voice was too soft, or the members are just very tired from yesterday, but that scream didn't wake up any of the three who are still sleeping.

"Sorry, Jungkook. I just found it cute... the way you become depressed when Jimin isn't paying attention to you." I said to him as I went down from my laughter climax.

Jungkook just nodded and looked around. After some moments, it was his turn to ask me.

"Hey, hyung, are you alone?" He asked.

"Uhm... yeah. You see, Tae was gone when I woke up." I answered.

"So... Jimin-hyung must've gone jogging with Tae-hyung. But why the two of them? Why does it have to be Tae-hyung? Why didn't he wake me up?" Jungkook continued ranting.

So that's where Tae is. Tae is with Jimin. Well, what's new? They've been bestfriends for a long time now. They are inseparable – if you don't know them, you might jump into the conclusion that they are lovers. I thought to myself. Then, images of the two of them jogging together came flashing in my mind. They must be waiting for the sunrise right now. What are they doing while waiting for it? Talking? No, both of them are not the type that would only talk on such occasions. Maybe they are running around right now, chasing each other. Maybe they are rolling around like idiots. Maybe they're...