Hunting Shadows

An aching body, a fuzzy mind, more scratches and bruises covering his body; when Drake woke up he found himself surrounded by darkness except by the dim light from the stars, he should've assumed that his friend would be here, he could have turned...

An aching body, a fuzzy mind, more scratches and bruises covering his body; when Drake woke up he found himself surrounded by darkness except by the dim light from the stars, he should've assumed that his friend would be here, he could have turned back instead of believing that message. He stood up turning his head to where the entrance was but he could only see a wall instead, he noticed then that he wasn't at the entry anymore but a small concourse surrounded by old buildings and houses of a grim look, he walked stumbling with his arms in front of him trying not to hit a wall, he looked down but he couldn't even see his feet at all, it was pitch black. 

He felt a sudden stitch in his right side of the lower back, he remembered the bite and when he lifted his jacket saw a fresh wound, there it was, the biting mark, after a few seconds of reflection his phone inside his pocket vibrated, this made h...

He felt a sudden stitch in his right side of the lower back, he remembered the bite and when he lifted his jacket saw a fresh wound, there it was, the biting mark, after a few seconds of reflection his phone inside his pocket vibrated, this made him gasp startled he covered his mouth as the noise he made started echoing, when he touched the button at the side of the devise the screen illuminated his young face covered in dust and a little bit of blood coming from his forehead, he received a text message from his mom, it was a message of despair and rage, she wrote everything with capital letters asking where was he and when he thinks of coming back; he dialed the number but the signal sign was flickering Why did he receive the message then?, he looked in the menu of his phone and looked for the flashlight feature, he activated it and finally saw the concourse with more detail, all the buildings were in complete trash and crumbling by deterioration; a few feet away from where he woke up there was a small trail of blood, he walked towards it and as he was getting closer the amount of blood increased, just when he started walking an unnatural shout could be heard in the distance; speeding up the pace Drake followed the trace this led him inside a warehouse pointing the light up and down to inspect the way. After a few minutes of walking the chills increased torturing his spine, the trail continued behind a closed door, he tried to open it but it wouldn't budge so he backed up a little and smashed it with a kick, this hurt his leg a little but he managed to open it wide, definitely the surprise was not pleasant as the body of John, one of Rick's friends, lied lifeless surrounded by the muddle of blood belonging to the trail. The young boy jumped backwards and start running scared but he felt sick and slowed down until he tripped up and fell face down, suffocated and panting he began to throw up, that scream again, making the youngster hold his breath, paralyzed in fear, through the haunting hallways echoing steps were getting closer.