Just Another Day

The morning dawn touches the earth and the routine begins, adults go to work and young boys and girls to the school like a normal day, the lonely street is soon populated by cars like ants with no rest. In the schools the crowds of pure youth is getting ready to gain knowledge gathering at the entrances just like at the University of Darnell. A lonely shadow heads to the college by foot, is a young boy, pale with dark brown hair and the eyes of a wolf, deeply intense and green, he wears a black hooded jacket, jeans and black boots as he walks he listen to his iPod enjoying the heavy rhythms of Slipknot and Hollywood Undead painting in his head scenarios and imaginary drawings that matches his mood. Drake Johansson is his name, he is a self-taught cartoonist and he loves it, as he approaches to the school a group of girls suddenly silent looking at him in a flirty way but he just ignores them, his mysterious self was always a topic of discussion, always silence, always drawing.

His parents are not happy with his attitude even though this was a boy with no addictions, no police record, no pregnant girlfriend he practically disliked parties and so forth, what they were concerned about was his loneliness, his inability of socializing like any other human being and his mysterious and quiet world. God!, he doesn't even have any trauma but why in the world would they have such a weird and "boring" boy, his father was proud though, he always bragged of Drake's drawing skills with his coworkers at the office but only that. Drake have only one "friend" her name is Sarah and she is a punk-style girl, naturally tanned skin, black hair and eyes and with tendency of depression.

Once inside the school, he headed down to his locker, expressionless like if he was alone but only on the inside surrounded by hollowness. He knew it would be just another day full of the same problems. Rick and his gang would certainly ambush him to make fun of him as usual once he reach his locker, he would try to extend the talk for the ringing bell to save him, he would take the same boring classes and forcibly socialize with the teachers and classmates, he will hide in the library to read or draw while eating to avoid his bullies, later on he'll meet with Sarah at the drama club (he only joined to help with the stage design and be part of the staff), then back again to the library to spent his free hour doing homework or drawing and lastly his last two hours of classes and straight home. This was his usual schedule in days of luck, unless he was caught off guard by the gang of idiots, as he calls them, led by the rich and stupid Rick Thompson, football team member of the collage and the "Alpha" in the school, especially with naïve girls, his only talents was the ability of intimidation (very useful to make scholars classmates do the homework for him), the big muscle mass and out of that there was nothing else he was good at.

Drake was his special subject lately, especially since he had the attention of one of the most attractive girls in the school, obviously to Drake this was just a relationship of interest, he liked to keep the things real because he was one of the most dedicated students. Finally he arrived to his locker, picked the books he needed and when he turned he saw that the big figure of Rick accompanied by his sidekicks was already behind him looking at him and grinning maliciously.

"Good morning Rick, guys" – Said Drake coldly, Rick placed his heavy hands on top of Drake's shoulders to prevent him from running away.

"Well isn't this nice?, Drake thinks he can trick me with his cordial greeting, don't think I don't know what you're up to smarty-pants, someone told me you arranged a meeting with Megan today.

"Whoever told you that is wrong"- the boy replied unaltered.

"Denial is a stupid way of escape, freak, I've asked Meg and she was nervous, you think I'm dumb enough to misinterpret her reaction?!" – growled the big guy.