Dark Places

The hours passed slowly, and the drowsiness increased with each class, it was a warm morning, one of those endless mornings when one is at school and you can't just stand being sitting anymore. The tick- tock from the classroom's clock was torturing every single one student in the place, when Drake had free time; Megan approached to him and told him about a party that will take place at the backyard of the collage as a peace offer from Rick, the boy showed the pass to Sarah and she was so excited to go.

"Well you go and tell me later how it was, I'm not fond of parties and never been out that late anyway".

"Well I was expecting you to come with me and have some fun but I forgot you hate parties" – Said the girl showing no emotion.

"I do like parties but, you know, I am more an indoor person. Look you go and have fun, I'll be fine, you can go early and I'll close the store". – In the inside Drake felt a strong desire to attend such a great event as this was the most anticipated for the students and he never had this experience, the only problem was that it was a letter from Rick. In Darnell the youth, especially those who are in college, have the tradition to welcome autumn with big, and forbidden, parties where alcohol, drugs and more socially accepted behavior for the teens take place this was a pagan ritual to celebrate the change of season but it was retaken again by the teenagers. This matters were carefully taken by the youngsters, the invitations or passes were spread with discretion and disguised as homework, the text make no sense at all unless you reorder the bold letter, then the place of the party will be revealed, Drake solved the hidden message and showed the letter to his friend, both teens parted to their houses to be greeted by their parents, do their homework and meet again at the comic store.

Alone in the road again, lost in his thoughts, thinking of the phrase "mortuus valle" and yet more doubts flood his mind, why would he ever think about something like this? But besides questions he somehow came up with something else, a prayer, hidden deep inside his mind "Afferte mihi mortem" Was the following, fragments were slowly flashing upon his eyes like if he was watching a wall with graffiti, but it was blurred, the feeling of relation made him feel uneasy.

"This is a prayer? But not the kind of prayer a sinner would supplicate in the church, but a saint to commit a sin. – Drake was sharp and intuitive, and so much that he was starting to convince himself that anytime soon he will be dragged into the abyss as the victim of still unknown circumstances. Clearing his mind to reflect about the party, he had a look at the invitation, obviously it was a trap, Rick was clever enough to disguise it as a peace offer and Megan was naïve enough to buy it. If only she could see, but he was not close enough to her to unveil her eyes, a few blocks later his house was standing in front of him, safe like a sanctuary, he was greeted by his mom, since his beating the woman started pamper him more than usual, he didn't quite mind despite having her stuck over him all the time but this was of minor importance compared to being welcomed by her with warm and delicious pizza. 

A few hours later he was reading Carrie by Stephen King for the third time and listening some heavy metal music as he waited in his room to the right moment to part to the comic store, meanwhile he heard his father arriving from work. The door opened and the man peeked out his head.

"Hey mate! How was your day?" – Said his father in a very good humor.

"Hey chief, It was normal, I guess, nothing to report. And you?" – replied Drake serious but happy to see his father.