i || house of college

Start from the beginning

"You know him? Good," She smiled, before walking away, as she heard a knock on the door.

****

"Hi," Smiled Eddie, as Fleur opened the door to him and Fabian, "Oh, I'm Eddie Miller" He added, sticking his hand out for a handshake, "And this is Fabian Rutter," He gestured to Fabian.

"Hi," Fabian greeted awkwardly, raising his left hand.

"Hello, welcome, welcome, do come in," Fleur kindly smiled, moving away from the entrance from the door, creating a passage for Eddie and Jerome.

"Thanks," Smiled Eddie, "So where's our room?"

"Eddie!" Fabian sternly whispered.

"What, Dude? I'm knackered," Eddie defended.

"Edison, yours, is down the hall and left, you are sharing with Jerome Clarke, I hear you know each other, and Fa-" Fleur started to tell them, before being cut off.

"We're not sharing?" Eddie interrupted in a disappointed tone.

"No, I'm sorry. Fabian, you are in this door here, you are sharing with a boy called Charlie, he isn't here yet." Fleur explained.

"Oh, okay, thanks," Fabian mumbled gratefully.

"I'm going to unpack," Eddie told Fabian, "I'll see you later."

"Sure," Fabian nodded, before proceeding to open the door to his room. He then entered and closing the door behind him.

****

"This is exciting, isn't it!" Mara grinned, looking to Patricia happily.

"Thrilling..." Patricia spoke back sarcastically.

"Aren't you excited?" Mara asked, her smile fading.

"I am, I guess, it's just..." Patricia started, before slowly fading out of her speech.

"Just what?" Asked Mara curiously.

"Never mind" Patricia dismissed, "Anyway, can we get to the house? This luggage is killing me it's so heavy."

****

"So why did you change the subject when I mentioned Patricia earlier?" Fabian asked, looking to Eddie.

"And why'd you chance the subject when I mention Mara?" Eddie shot back, smirking.

"You first," Fabian encouraged.

"Fine, we broke up," Eddie stated, dropping his eye contact.

"Again? Why? What happened? I thought you too were strong?" Fabian spilt out questions.

"Woah! One question at a time, Dude," Eddie chuckled softly.

"Well then... Why?" Fabian asked, choosing one of the many questions he asked.

"I don't even know, we were together, I came down to England to visit her, then for some reason she just dumped me, then walked away bawling her eyes out," Explained Eddie, still not making any eye contact.

"Oh, Eddie, I'm sorry," Fabian spoke comfortingly

"Hey, its fine, I'm fine," Eddie showed an unconvincing nod.

****

Fleur walked into the living room, where Eddie and Fabian were sat.

"Everything okay in here?" Fleur asked, "You look sad, Edison, are you okay?"

"I'm fine," He huffed, standing up, turning right, straight into a wall.

Fabian couldn't help but let a small laugh escape his mouth, but then stood up to help him, "Are you okay, Mate?"