Starr Academy: Year Three- Chapter 3

Magsimula sa umpisa

    I laughed as I went over to him and helped him up. “You just don’t have the skill to understand water.” Dusting the sand off of him and his face.

    He stuck his tongue out at me. “But I surf.”

    Shaking my head, I ruffled his hair. “Only because it gets you back to the shore to solid ground.” The others laughed and Franklin joined in wrapping his arm around my shoulder as we followed Dan and Joe up to the villa. He ruffled my hair a little as I wrapped my arms around his waist.

    My eyelids started to droop the longer we walked. Franklin looked down at me and frowned. “Guys... hold a second.” Joe and Dan looked back at us. Franklin shifted so his back was to me. “Piggy back ride?”

    I gave him a tired smile nodding. He squatted down and I climbed onto his back. He rose and easily started walking with everyone again. Joe walked beside us. “You don’t look as tired as she does.”

    Franklin shrugged with my arms around his neck. “I don’t need much sleep to begin with.” He chuckled deeply inside his chest. “Helps that Nathan loved playing till the early hours of the morning.” I gave a tired giggled before I was fully drifting off to sleep.

Franklin’s Point of View

    Hope sagged just enough on my back to tell me she fell asleep. I knew she wouldn’t last that long once we got here. She slept the whole hour it took us to get to the island. She was strong, yet still dealing with the near death experience.

    I felt part of my gut twist when I looked at her sometimes. When she doesn’t think anyone sees, I see how sad she was now. Breaking up with Marek and what happened has affected her deeply.

    Don’t get me wrong. I don’t want them back together. Hope was always a strong girl with or without Marek. She held on for months with him making out with someone else before her soul shattered. I think she does need this time to understand who she was just as herself.

    I hopped a little to readjust Hope on my back as I followed Dan through the thick brush along a well defined path lit by more tiki-torches. A stone slab path with soft grass between the slabs was what we were walking along now. I wish I didn’t have my shoes on like Hope so I could feel the grass and stone against my feet.

    The trees moved away and I smiled up at the house before us. It was a two story place with tons of glass windows on the first floor. Each room on the second floor looked to have a balcony each. The glow of the lights that were on casted a breathe taking glow across the pool that stood before us leading up to the patio that looked ready to entertain a full party.

    “This villa is one of four. This island contains six different groups of villas. That means there are six different plots of land that have their own style of villas. This set has a more modern style with hints of Hawaii stylishly done. Each plot also has it’s own dock so there are only six docks to this island and every one of them are private. No tourists here like on the bigger islands.” Dan smiled as he informed us while we made our way around the pool and into the main floor of the villa.

    Dan stopped and turned around. “Your suitcases have around been taken up to your rooms.” He turned to my mother and father. “We have given you the master suite which is located at the end of the hall on the right.” He smiled looking at Hope. “Her room is the first door on the right and yours is the last door on the left.”

    “So that means I’m the first door on the left.”

    Dan smiled at Rod. “That’s right. As you all have arrive late, I took the liberty of scheduling a late breakfast and I’ll be here at noon to discuss everything that Hawaii has to offer. I have connections throughout all the islands so I can help you experience everything.” He bowed his head. “Once again Aloha and I’ll see you all tomorrow.”