An Unexpected Change 53

Dedicated to bedtimestories because she gave me a well needed kick up the bum to get back into writing!

Sorry for the really long wait!

I thought it was really nice that everyone commented for me to upload because it shows that people really care about my work so thanks LOADS!!

Like I promised I have uploaded more on my day off on work experiance week!!

Please enjoy and comment for me!!

~~~~~~~~~~

The applause filled my ears even sat behind the curtain the sound was deafening.

"Teri." Jace whispered in my ear.

"Yes." I whispered back. I could barely force the words out. I was scared. That sounds weird coming from me but there was so much riding on this show. My whole life. Without this school what did I have? It didn't take me long to answer that question. Nothing. I would end up alone. Again. I couldn't let it happen. This was my last chance. I had to put my all into this.

"Are you ready." He asked me.

"Bring it on." I replied

We got into our first positions for Moves like Jagger. The adrenaline was pumping around my body faster and faster as the curtains rose slowly and the music was turned up.

Jace started to sing and I soon followed. The lights were so bright that I couldn't see past the first few rows but I could see the principle sat there, his face full of pride. It warmed my heart. I know many people don't think that I actually posses a heart and have the capacity to love but the principle was pretty cool.

Then I looked at the crazy lady sat next to him. The evil bossy dance and singing teacher she was trying to instruct me from her seat. I just completely ignored her. That's when she started to get really angry and I watched as Mr P had to calm her down.

The next part was the big lifts so I had to focus. I had to pull these off to make the show amazing and also to stop me from being carted to hospital. I ran and then at the last second grabbed Jace's waist rested my hand on his knee and flipped my body upside down. The handstand was done next was the very scary cheerleader lift. I needed to have perfect balance. I catapulted into the air and then landed very carefully on Jace's hand. So far so good. I raise my leg and balanced. The crowd went wild and Jace threw me up and caught me.

The curtain dropped and we ran for a costume change. I pulled on my dress that I made myself. I took all of the pins out of my hair a necessity for the dance routine and let the curls cascade down my back. I was nervous again but this time I had a good reason. The Moves like Jagger we had practiced so much that it was all I could think about for days but this second song we had not even practise. I didn't even know what it was yet and I had five seconds before I had to sing it.

I was handed a microphone and the curtain went up. I was stood alone on the stage as the music started to play.

"I don't want another pretty face." Jace stepped out from the shadows.

"I don't just want anyone to hold." He slowly walked towards me as I stood their stunned. This was my favourite song. The song that melted my heart for some unexplainable reason.

"I don't want my love to go to waste

I want you and your beautiful soul." He sang so beautifully.

"You're the one I wanna chase

You're the one I wanna hold

I wont let another minute go to waste

I want you and your beautiful soul "

"I know that you are something special. " Jace reached over to me and took my hand.

To you I'd be always faithful

I want to be what you always needed

Then I hope you'll see the heart in me." He sung whilst looking deep into my eyes. I knew that every word was full of meaning. Every word a plea for forgiveness. Every word the truth.

I joined in for the chorus and we alternated verses but as we sang the audience was no longer my priority. I felt my eyes fixed onto Jace's with no hope of ever moving them.

The song came to an end and we were still rooted in position staring into each others eyes so the curtain felt and the crowd roared with applause but backstage everything was silent. Everyone waiting to see what would happen between the girl full of anger and the mysterious guy that never had a lot to say. That is what it would look like from the outside.

Becks and Lee were watching, waiting what would happen between their damaged and defensive best friend and the mysterious guy who was quite nice.

For us it was what would happen between two people who were as damaged and hurt as each other.

Would we be able to overcome our pasts and form a relationship?

"Well done everyone of our performers." The principle announced "The grand total of donations for tonight is." He paused. I turned to face him at the same time Jace did. He took my hand and I held on tight as I waited in anticipation. Surely in a school like this there would be some very rich and generous parents.

"Five thousand dollars." He announced. I jumped into Jace's arms I was just so happy. I guess there was some very generous parents. Jace looked down at me wrapped in his arms. A smile crossed his face as he leaned down to close the between our lips.

~~~~~~~~~~

DO YOU THINK THAT THE ENDING IS SUITABLE? DO YOU WANT THEM TOGETHER??

The song was beautiful soul and the video is on the side.

Please comment so I know what you think