Fire Breathing Dragon

Start from the beginning

"Okay," I nod and he smiles at me before standing up and making his way out of the room.

"Who hit you?" Elliot asks softly.

Why does he care?

He's going to England with his new girlfriend.

"Bull," I answer "some badass chick who wants to prove she's top notch."

"She sounds scary," he comments.

"Yeah," I nod "she has a Virgin Mary tattoo on her shoulder."

"Oh really," he laughs.

"That's not even the scary one," I smile slightly.

"She has an even scarier one?"

"A fire breathing dragon on her other shoulder," I chuckle and he laughs with me.

I missed talking to him.

"I guess-" he starts saying, but I cut him off.

"My trial is in exactly seventy days," I suddenly say "at least you'll be here long enough to see it."

"Of course I'll be here to see," he says confused "I don't know why you think I wouldn't."

"Macy came to see me," I explain " she told me about England."

"She's a liar Abrelle," he takes a deep breath.

"So your dad didn't offer you the job in England?" I ask.

"He did offer me the job," he says " but I declined it because I want to be here."

"It's an amazing opportunity," I frown "to get to go to England and run the new company branch. Why would you let something like that go?"

"I'm letting that opportunity go," he smiles "because I have an even better one here."

"Really?" I ask surprised.

"Yeah," he nods "I have the opportunity to have a life with you and I think I'd be crazy to let that go."

"So you're not leaving?" I ask a slight crack in my voice.

"No," he shakes his head "I'm not leaving."

***
"I can talk to him tomorrow," a short women in front of me on the phone speaks.

I'm currently standing in the middle of the cafeteria waiting to make a phone call. Although, the lady in front has more than half an hour on the phone.

"Hurry up," someone yells behind me and the women turns around to glare at me.

"I have to go," she hangs up and then as she walks away she purposely bumps into my shoulder. I try my hardest to not glare at her retreating figure because I don't want any more problems. Especially considering I still have the huge swollen black eye and big red busted lip from the encounter with Bull.

Taking a deep breath I pick up the phone and dial the number.

Ring. Ring. Ring.

"Hello," the familiar masculine voice answers.

"Sam," I smile "it's been so long since I've heard your voice."

"Abrelle," he says surprised "I didn't expect your call."

"Well," I look at the ground "you hadn't visited me so..."

"I'm in Pennsylvania," he explains "they called us in to work on a case."

"Oh," I look up "when do you get back?"

"In a few days," he speaks and I hear giggling in the background.

"Who are you with?" I ask curiously.

"No one," he says quickly and I immediately know he's lying.

"Don't lie," I chuckle "you can tell me if your seeing someone."

"I'm not lying."

"I know you Sam," I shake my head "I can tell when your lying to me."

Suddenly I hear whispering and the voice in the background sounds familair.

But how can it?

I don't know anyone from Pennsylvania. Surely I'm confusing them with someone else.

"How have you been?" Sam speaks after attempting to quietly tell the background voice to stop talking and I get the feeling that he's hidding something more than a silly one night stand.

"I have to go," I say quickly.

"Abrelle," he says softly, noticing my change of tone. "It's nothing really."

"Okay."

"You trust me, right?" he asks and I stay quite.

"Abrelle," he insists.

"Yes, I trust you" I answer and for the first time in seven years I don't know if I actually mean it.

A/N: Hey everyoneee!!! I hope you liked this chapter. I'll update soon...

Thank soo much for all the support.

Comment & Vote

Love, Pam