chapter 19 of a story i dont own

As Naruto ran from the hospital room in a frantic panicked state he ran into his teammates who stood in front of him to stop his mad dash towards... his general frontwards direction. Unfortunately, Naruto couldn't stop too easily with all of his momentum behind him from running at a high speed. Naruto instantly began to slide when he stopped his feet from moving.

Sakura watched the display somewhat amused until she realized that the blonde wasn't going to stop his slide and quickly wound up for a punch. As Naruto slowed, he saw Sakura winding up and brought up his arm to block. This resulted in Sakura punching Naruto right on his plaster cast. He couldn't help but laugh as Sakura shook her red and throbbing hand.

"Oh, and I was hoping you could get this thing off of me, too." Naruto said attempting to rub the back of his had with his casted arm. He quickly switched arms as he looked over the cast. He sighed as he knocked on the plaster. It was up past his elbow and about 4 inches from his shoulder. "Want to try again?" Naruto asked, holding up the cast for Sakura.

"You idiot!" She screamed as she pounded his head down. Haku looked concerned, but just shook his head knowing full well that it would be pointless to try to intervene.

"Hey! Not so hard! I did just come out of a coma you know! Or, at least, so I've been told..." Naruto said blocking another punch with his cast. Sakura once again shook her hand. "Hey, this thing's better then a steel guard!" Naruto commented, looking at the plaster.

'Huh, let's see if I can go for three!' Naruto thought to the fox as he mentally smirked.

"If she hits that plaster once more she'll need a cast of her own! Go for it!" Kyuubi cheered on

"Wouldn't it be soo cool if you could cover your whole body in this stuff! You'd be invincible!" Naruto said, doing his best to wave his arms around. Sasuke shook his head, fully knowing the outcome as Haku sweat dropped.

"You idiot! If you were covered from head to toe in that stuff, you wouldn't be able to move!" Sakura screamed, voicing Sasuke's thoughts and getting herself angrier. She prepared another punch and once again hit the hard cast.

"Three strikes, you're out!" Naruto called with a smirk.

"Why you-!" Sakura started to push up her sleeves when a call from behind her made her redirect her anger.

"Hey billboard brow!"

"INO PIG!" Sakura screamed but was quickly silenced as Ino held up her hand.

"We heard you and your team got pretty badly hurt and from the dead last there I guess we heard right." Ino said, watching Sasuke out of the corner of her eye.

"Naruto, how much damage did you do to yourself?" Shikamaru asked as he came over to stand next to the blonde. Naruto shrugged, earning a 'troublesome' from the brown haired genius.

"So, you going to be able to compete Sasuke-kun?" Ino asked, swinging her arm around Sasuke.

"Hey, get off of him!" Sakura demanded loudly, locking eyes with Ino as sparks flew between them.

"Women are so troublesome..." Shikamaru yawned while Choji nodded and opened a new bag of chips. Sasuke ducked away from the two women who were now screaming at the tops of their lungs. The insults flew and the boys fled from the two.

"You know, I've been doing more running since I got here than I did the whole time I was in that forest!" Sasuke screamed as the five reached the balcony overlooking a large arena like set up. Naruto sighed and sat down looking at a clock to see the time

"Only two more hours left" Naruto said crossing his legs and leaning against a wall. Shikamaru sat next to him before leaning all the way back and laying down to look at the ceiling. "Sooo..." Naruto started, looking around. "Anyone up for a game of cards?"