chapter 15 of a story i dont own

"Don't you know you can't fight fire with fire?" Naruto sneered as he crouched getting ready for an attack.

Haku looked on stunned at the scene in front of him. "D-do you know what's going on?" he said,

voice quivering from the force of Narutos killer aura. Sakura shook her head in reply, not wanting to peel her eyes away from the fight.

Orochimaru's eyes widened as Naruto flashed forward and gave him a swift round house kick to the head. The snake man went flying into a nearby tree as Naruto went after him. Sakura watched as Naruto slowly took the fight with the snake man deeper and deeper into the forest, and further and further away from her view.

"He's leading him away!" Haku said stunned.

"I think I know what he's doing..." Sakura said voice quiet. Haku looked up eyes widening as he began to realize what Narutos plan was.

"This guys really powerful..." Sakura began. "And if Naruto can use all of his chakra in one big burst..." She allowed her sentence to trail off.

"...it will make him seem as if he's just as strong enabling him to lure Orochimaru away..." Haku finished solemnly.

"I think he's pulling a sacrifice..." Sakura gasped out loud.

Naruto moved Orochimaru into a small area that had a number of trees missing and finally, panting hard turned to face the dangerous man. "Ku ku ku!" the snake man laughed. "Pushing me further and further away from your friends in hopes that they can make it away? Well I have news for you, you accursed brat once I kill you, I will just go back and kill your friends!" Orochimaru laughed again as Naruto watched him.

The snake mans laugh was silenced when Naruto smiled and began laughing with him. "You think that's why I led you away?" Naruto laughed again "Well you're wrong! I led you away so that I could use this and not have them witness it!" Naruto stopped laughing as he bit his thumb. A few drops of blood dripped out before the wound steamed and closed.

Narutos hands flashed in seals as he jumped to dodge a kunai aimed for his head. Orochimaru recognized a few of the seals and knew instantly it was a summoning jutsu. Orochimaru let a number of projectiles go flying in hopes to stop the impending summon. Naruto dogged them smoothly and in one final leap he finished the hand seals. As he headed down to the ground Naruto flipped in mid air until he was falling head first, one arm stretched outward ready to slam into the ground to complete the summon. Orochimaru braced himself, arms crossed firmly over his chest.

As the smoke cleared in the field with Orochimaru, Naruto smiled. Although he was no longer covered in his fiery protection he was still at the advantage. Orochimaru had started a summon as well and now stood on top of a mid level snake summon, while Naruto stood on top of Kyuubi. The foxes tails lashed out knocking over a near by tree as it growled. All though Orochimaru was truly scared for his life he didn't show it. Instead he stood atop his snake stone faced.

"I don't know much about the way things may work out in the forest," Naruto began, "but I do know one thing... foxes eat snakes!" Naruto shouted out the last sentence with humor evident in his voice as Kyuubi began to charge.

Orochimarus snake hissed as it too charged. The snake lashed out its tail and the fox dodged, clamping its jaws around its long scaly stomach. The snake hissed in pain as it bit back, causing Kyuubi to yelp in surprise, forcing him to drop the snake.

After a quick lick of his now sore paw Kyuubi charged forward. Orochimaru launched a few shurikun at Naruto who was still standing atop the fox. Narutos eyes were closed and didn't move as the shurikun approached. Instead the fox lashed out one of his tails and batted them away like flies. The fox let out an angered roar as it lunged forward. The snake moved to the left as the fox attacked right, its sharp claws sliding along the side of the reptile. Orochimau watched the fox's movements very carefully as well as Narutos moves.