chapter 8 of a story i dont own

"It looks like a fox?" Sasuke said, raising an eyebrow.

"I can probably..." Naruto started. Sasuke took a closer look, then gave a smirk.

"I always thought your hair was a rat's nest, not a fox's." Sasuke said, poking an ear.

"Huh?" Naruto said, dumbfounded.

"Come on idiot, stop fraternizing with the wild life. Breakfast is ready," Sasuke snapped.

Naruto reached up to his head but went more to the center. He picked it up so he could look at it. The white and red fox opened its eyes and yawned. Naruto began to laugh. "It was a fox! It was just an ordinary fox... sleeping on my head." Naruto laughed, relieved.

"Well duh, what did you think it was?" Sasuke asked, looking at Naruto strangely.

'Kyuubi, I take it you did it for me?'

"Not unless there is someone or something else in here with me that sensed him coming. If there is, please do tell. I would love the company," The fox replied sarcastically. 'Saves me a long line of questions I have to answer.' "I'm sure you'll find some way to thank me."

Naruto looked up at Sasuke, who was sporting his usual bored expression. "Heh heh, foxes like me," Naruto grinned.

"Well at least something does," Sasuke said before walking away. Naruto placed the fox on the ground and followed after him.

After they had eaten their meal Kakashi told them that Tazuna was going to go and work on the bridge and they were going to make sure that nothing bad happened. "Here! Take these with you in case you get tired!" Tsunami said as they were about to leave. She handed them all a water bottle, each one looking the same.

When they had finally reached the bridge team 7 noticed there weren't many people that were there to help build the bridge. Tazuna started getting to work and convincing people to stay. Naruto sighed as he took a sip from his water bottle. 'Hey! This isn't water, it's sake! I must have gotten the one meant for the old man! Oh well, I could use a drink...' Naruto thought to himself as he took a bigger sip.

"Kit, I don't think you should drink too much of that,"Kyuubi advised. I can handle about three or four BOTTLES before I get drunk.' "This stuff smells strong, and besides, your child body can't handle that much alcohol." 'That's improsabul...' Naruto thought to the fox. "See, you're already getting tipsy. Improsabul? When we went back you were able to keep your strength because of your own memory and that memory is transferred to your body so it knows how to react. However, holding your liquor you can't memorize..." Kyuubi said, hoping that Naruto wouldn't get drunk.

"Hey Naruto, you ok?" Sakura asked.

"Yeah /hic/ I think so," Naruto said, staggering a little on his feet. "Too late," the Kyuubi sighed.

"You look sick," Sakura said. "Maybe you should lie down? Sasuke and I can watch things."

"Eh? Sasuke/hic/" Naruto replied, not really understanding. Kakashi noticed Naruto staggering and decided to take a look, Sasuke following.

"What's wrong with him?" Sasuke asked miserably.

"Ha ha, hey/hic/ Sasuke, we should get the group back /hic/ together! Sing to the girls/hic/, they always liked that!" Naruto said, swinging an arm over Sasuke's shoulder.

"What are you talking about... get off," Sasuke said, pushing the blond away.

"After ya kicked da booket da /hic/ four o us split! Couldn't replace ya!" Naruto said, stressing the syllables on every word. He took another swig of the alcohol. Kakashi took the bottle from him, then his eye turned up into a smile.