chapter 9 of a story i dont own

"CHIDORI!" Kakashi screamed as he charged at Zabuza. Blood splattered as the chidori hit. The light faded to reveal what Kakashi had hit. Zabuza's shoulder was bleeding heavily. "You missed your target. Guess that eye of yours isn't as great as it seemed," Zabuza said, although strained, moving a kunai closer to his neck.

The air around the two jonin was thick with tension, anger, and, well... all around frustration, when: "HEY KAKASHI SENSEI! WE TIED UP THE PERVERTED TRANSVESTITE; IS THAT ALRIGHT?" Well, at least it was...

"That brat always ruins the mood..." Zabuza said, looking in the direction where he heard the kid's voice.

Sasuke and Naruto came running out of the fog carrying a big bundle. Naruto had removed Haku's mask and loved the expression on Sasuke's face when he learned that Haku was in fact a guy. "How could they defeat Haku?" Zabuza said, quite startled.

"Oh, that's easy." Naruto started smiling like an idiot. "We made him laugh himself out of the ice mirror!" he said happily.

Everyone but Sasuke, Naruto and Haku face faulted, although Haku snickered a little. Naruto blinked. "Huh? You're still awake? I could have sworn you'd passed out from lack of air when you were having that fit back there," Naruto said, confused.

"No, I was quite awake..." Haku replied.

"And you still let us do all that to you?" Sasuke said, eyeing a bruise on Haku's cheek.

Sakura suddenly screeched "What the hell were you three doing over there!" The three blinked.

"What do you mean?" Haku asked.

Sakura's eye twitched. "N-never m-mind."

Sasuke and Naruto brought Haku over and put him down beside Sakura, who looked extremely relived. "You were just beating him up... that's good," she said, more to herself; the others heard her but decided against asking.

"I have my reasons for letting you do what you did," Haku said in a monotone.

Naruto looked at Haku sympathetically. 'I never did really learn why he ended up like that...' Naruto thought, thinking back to his first childhood. 'I should probably stop Kakashi from hurting Zabuza too badly too, so he might be able to hold up against Gatou's army.'

Then he sensed it. Off to the northern part of the bridge. Gatou was there watching from in the fog. "He was most likely there last time," the fox answered before Naruto could ask.

'Kakashi was so into his battle last time that he missed the aura and back then we couldn't sense it unless it was a really big chakra source!' Naruto thought excitedly. 'Perfect!' With that thought in mind Naruto ran off into the direction he felt the aura, leaving everyone very confused.

"If I can find some way to get him to spill his guts earlier then last time, Zabuza might have a chance!" Naruto said happily as he raced to the source. Sure enough, he soon saw the shapes in the distance get clearer. He was soon in earshot.

"When he gets killed by that Kakashi we swoop in and finish the injured guy off," someone said.

"That fool, did he really expect Gatou to pay him? This was his plan from the start and he fell right into his trap!"

"And soon he will be dead." Naruto recognized that particular voice as Gatou.

Naruto smiled. "That was easier then I thought it would be..." he said to himself, tapping a microphone that was hanging off his shirt collar. He had dropped the ear piece on Haku when he ran off.

"With any luck they heard it and Zabuza will..." Naruto smiled even broader, seeing the fog lift. Then he laughed, seeing how far he had actually run in the fog. His team was only about ten meters away from him.