chapter 14 of a story i dont own

Naruto stood in the large opening that was outside the forest with Sasuke, Sakura, and Haku standing beside him. A fake smile plastered across his face as he glared at a grass Nin. Anko was giving instructions on what was going to be the second part of their exams. "Forest of death..." Sasuke repeated the words with a smirk.

"Well what did you expect the forest of happy rainbows, sugar and fairies?" Naruto said smirking.

"Well no but I think that would have been a lot more scary" Sasuke said with a smile.

Naruto laughed at the small joke trying his best to remain happy. WOOSH! A kunai whizzed by Narutos head grazing his cheek between his whisker marks. "Hey what was that for?" Naruto half yelled at the half mad examiner. She jumped behind Naruto and spoke into his ear.

"Do you think the forest of death is a joke? There are things in there much worse then just enemy ninja."

"Err... umm... maybe?" Naruto raised a brow at the expression he was given. Then a tongue slipped by his face and handed Anko back her kunai. "Just thought I should return thissss." The man said in a slippery voice.

"Why thank you!" Anko said before going back and explaining about the scrolls. Naruto stepped on the masquerading Nin. The man grunted in pain and shook his foot slightly.

"Oops sorry." Naruto sneered out with a glare that could make someone's blood run cold before walking a few steeps away.

With in a half-hour everyone was standing at a gate waiting for the signal to go. Once the gates flung open all the teams ran in as fast as possible. "So Sasuke?" Sakura asked as they were running.

"Hmm" Sasuke answered

"Well what are we going to do if we have to fight someone?"

"We will just take them out." He explained simply.

"I agree we do have a one man extra advantage." Haku said coming beside Sakura.

"That makes me wonder though... how Kakashi got us all to compete together.. I mean I doubt the Hokage would simply give us the advantage... there has to be a catch somewhere..." Naruto said coming up beside Sasuke.

"And how right you are!" Anko's voice came up behind them. Naruto watched as the odd woman came up from behind them.

"Ha knew it!" Naruto said with a smile.

"So what's the catch?" Sasuke asked pretending to not care.

"Simple your supplies are to be more limited. Where other teams are allowed as many things as they can carry you four are only allowed a set amount of weapons and solder pills." Anko said with a devious smirk. "You're allowed no more then 10 kunai apiece as well as 10 shuriken or other choice weapons." She said holding her hand out expectantly.

The confused genins reluctantly handed over more then half their weapons. "No more then 12 soldier pills that's 3 a piece." More supplies were handed over.

"So that's it then?" Sakura asked somewhat surprised.

"Yes this will make it harder if you come across an enemy, you must value your supplies knowing that what you have is very limited." Anko said with a solemn smile. And with that she was gone taking the extra provisions with her.

A few minute later the buzzer sounded and the race was on.

Every one ran off in different directions. Naruto ran off quickly with his team in close pursuit. He was going fast and had no plans on stopping any time soon hoping that he might be able to avoid the snake man completely.