chapter 17 of a story i dont own

Sakura, Kakashi, and Haku all exited Sasuke's hospital room and headed towards their sleeping areas. Sakura yawned, only now realizing how tired she was after all the stress was off and she wasn't as worried about her teammates. Haku headed towards a makeshift cafeteria to get something to eat.

Kakashi watched them go their separate ways. He took a deep breath and sighed as he looked back to his two students' hospital rooms. 'What have I gotten them into?' He thought as he turned to leave and report. A swirl of smoke and leaves later and he was gone.

Naruto tried to open his eyes but ended up squinting as two shadowed figures stood before him. As the light died and his eyes began to adjust, he got his first clear view of the two people in front of him. At first he didn't understand who they were. As the light died further Kyuubi unwrapped his tail and Naruto smiled as a tear ran down his face. He ran to the pair of people in front of him and wrapped his arms around them. The two people wrapped their arms around him as well As Naruto clung to the necks of the two in front of him, he took in every detail of their features.

One was a man about a little taller than him, the other was a woman about his height, but shorter than the man on his left. Naruto drew back from the pair and opened his mouth to speak but couldn't find the right words. The only sound he found he could get out was a small gasping sound every time he tried to talk. The woman giggled and kissed his forehead, breaking the silence. A soft and warming smile graced her lips, her eyes portraying true happiness and pride. The man smirked as Naruto looked towards him.

"Touching reunion, no?" Kyuubi asked, being the first to speak since the light show started.

"Long time no see fur ball" The man said tilting his head and smirking in a somewhat playful manner.

"As too you Minato...Namikaze," The fox nodded in acknowledgement to the woman "Kushina Uzumaki."

Naruto wiped a stray tear from his eye as he once again looked to the pair before him. "I... I'm... You're..." Naruto tried to get out but couldn't "You're my..."

Minato's smirk widened to a broad smile "What's with the fractured sentences? I thought you could speak better than that."

"He does really look more like you then me though." Kushina said.

"Yea, but I was taller at his age!"

"His chakra has taken on his 24 year old form instead of his 13 year old physical form." Kyuubi said more to himself then anything.

"Yondaime... I'm just..." Naruto started.

Minato shook his head and laughed. "No need to be so formal! Try a sir, or better yet," Minato looked to Naruto smile still in place. "Maybe Father or Dad."

Naruto nodded finally clearing his head "Dad... and Mum?" He tried the words, a strange feeling on his tongue "I'm sorry, it's just this is kind of the first time we've met, so I'm a little, umm..."

"It's alright I know this must be hard for you... So many emotions at once I mean." Kushina said softly resting a hand on Naruto's shoulder.

"I thought you'd like this little present." The fox smiled knowingly "Although now you might need to thank Orochimaru." Naruto looked to the fox with a raised eyebrow. "I've been trying to do this for you for a while, but if you recall, I've said earlier this is a place that can only be reached when the physical body is at risk of dying." Kyuubi showed his teeth in an attempted grin.

"Ok... So because he beat me into a pulp I was able to see my parents is what you're saying...?" Naruto shook his head in wonder at the irony.

"See? I knew you had a sense of humor!" Minato said with a laugh.